What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri May 25, 2012 2:40 am

Had a great salad last night, consisting of cherry tomatoes, celery, leaves (various types), and cucumber. And boiled new potatoes. This was garnished with lots of chorizo.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri May 25, 2012 3:02 am

You made a salad that had meat and potatoes in it? You're not Irish by any chance, are you?

I ask because I am married to an Irish woman, and that's the sort of thing she does. That and cabbage in everything.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri May 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:You made a salad that had meat and potatoes in it? You're not Irish by any chance, are you?

I ask because I am married to an Irish woman, and that's the sort of thing she does. That and cabbage in everything.

Well, my dad's side of the family are descended from the Picts at some point far back in the mists of time, so i'd hazard a guess at Irish being in there somewhere. In my defence, potatoes are a vegetable by definition, so can go into a salad, and I did use the word "garnish" in relation to the meat. This is my story, anyway. :haha:

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri May 25, 2012 10:24 pm

"Irish salads," you say...

When I lived in Wiscahhhhhhhnsin, I chose to judge a chili cook-off when it was my department's turn to more or less host a potluck at one company. I was quite amazed to see what passed for "chili" in Wiscahhhhhhhnsin: sometimes ground beef and sometimes beans and sometimes tomato-based sauces. But after that, all bets were off...

Most submissions were inexplicably festooned with spaghetti noodles, and/or elbow macaroni, and/or rice. White rice. Most had one or two cans of whole kernel corn egregiously floating around in them, along with other assorted mixed vegetables such as one might find in a proper beef stew. Is that...french cut green beans...and ruffle-cut carrot disks? And, oh god please no, at least one had cabbage sliced into sauer krautesque strings. My initial general confusion was met with general confusion. All these nice people honestly thought they were making chili... just like their ancestors did back in the Bavarian Alps, I guess...

You know, I never really got the hang of Wiscahhhhhhhnsin food. :haha:

- - - - - - - - -
Also, we're having pizza tonight.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sat May 26, 2012 1:09 pm

I just ate a rotisserie chicken leg (with skin), a small peach, and some "fruit punch" prepared from a mix. It was less than 400 calories, but I feel uncomfortably full.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Ravi Oli on Sat May 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:You made a salad that had meat and potatoes in it?

I make potato salad my son-in-law has dubbed "man salad".
Potatoes [chunky cubed], chopped boiled eggs, diced bacon, onions, mayo and mustard, with some gherkin [or capers] the main ingredients. Must be OK coz I get regular requests for it.
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:11 pm

A sort of lentil dahl/soup thing. Lentils don't really taste of much, I think next time it needs more lentils and less tomato. Quite filling though.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm going to be eating chick peas, with a bit of oil and pepper, microwaved. I've had it before and it's delicious and far more nutritious and balanced than what I usually eat, so I'll have it again.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:25 pm

A kind of sausage casserole dish with baked beans, kidney beans and onion. There was also pepper, tabasco, worcester sauce and a lot of brown sauce. It looked horrible but tasted really nice.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Curry and olives.

The olives are in the bottom of martini glasses.

Three olives so far. Maybe more later.

Happy Friday, ya gunsh a bashtiizz!!! *hic*
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:33 pm

^ Yer mumblin loike a lubber wif a mouf full o'knorks...
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Same as yesterday, but with cauliflower on the side.

Also, my stomach cramped halfway through the meal, but I forced myself to finish. I don't know what happened.
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Chilli. Baked beans work surprisingly well, peppers less so.

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Curry :love:

A sort of lamb madras/tikka masala cross, it was tomato based but also rather rich from the greek yoghurt I chucked in. Very tasty, after about five hours in the slow cooker the lamb was wonderfully soft and almost fell apart :zen:

daftbeaker

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 pm

daftbeaker wrote:...tabasco...

daftbeaker wrote:Chilli.

daftbeaker wrote:Curry. :love:

I'm sensing a common theme here. I like it! :haha:

Case in point, i'm about to sit down to a nice Tikka Massala Lasagne. :love:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

PreviousNext

Return to Food