What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Postby gronank on Sun May 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

That movie had little bit of everything: Lady Vader, Blademaster Gandalf and huge sludges
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby PKMKII on Sun May 20, 2012 7:25 pm

black bart wrote::facewall:
My daughter is watching 'Rio' for about the fifth time since we bought it for her!

You know that the pitch for that movie had to include the phrase "angry birds."
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 pm

So I saw The Avengers this afternoon. I misread the showtimes and wound up at the 3D version, but it was OK. I rather enjoyed it, despite/because of not seeing any others in the [series].

I now have one pair of paper-frame 3D glasses which appear to be the 'paleocene' stage of the medium; one pair with yellow plastic frames which are probably from the 'pleistocene' epoch; and this pair, from the 'holocene' epoch. The first two are so far in the past, I have no memory of what the movies even were...

You know what would be fun: clear, high-tech, prescription 3D glasses!
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 am

3D glasses in everyday life!! :shocked: What about the knork on effect?

(I hope Ravi and Roy read that one, they'll be proud of me).
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Ravi Oli on Mon May 21, 2012 8:33 am

black bart wrote:What about the knork on effect?

In the words of your famed countryman:
It's knork unusual it happens every day no matter what you say
you find it happens all the time

I'm proud of you bart. :haha:
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby gronank on Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 am

PKMKII wrote:
My daughter is watching 'Rio' for about the fifth time since we bought it for her!

That reminds me, maybe I should go see Hitchcock's "The Birds"
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby black bart on Mon May 21, 2012 9:01 am

gronank wrote:
PKMKII wrote:

That reminds me, maybe I should go see Hitchcock's "The Birds"

Maybe my daughter should watch Hitchcock's "The Birds"...that'll stop her thinking birds are cute. :evilgrin:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 am

Ravi Oli wrote:The Motorcycle Diaries..."(Spanish: Diarios de motocicleta) is a 2004 biopic about the journey and written memoir of the 23-year-old Ernesto Guevara, who would several years later become internationally known as the iconic Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara...

Before Night Falls is another decent biopic, set in Cuba around the time of the revolution, but about an author and playwright. Worth watching.

gronank wrote:Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

That movie had little bit of everything: Lady Vader, Blademaster Gandalf and huge sludges

That's a great film. Studio Ghibli: The Gift That Keeps On Giving (even if the film was released before the formation of the studio).

pieces o'nine wrote:You know what would be fun: clear, high-tech, prescription 3D glasses!

You wear the 3D glasses over your normal prescription glasses. :haha:

black bart wrote:Maybe my daughter should watch Hitchcock's "The Birds"...that'll stop her thinking birds are cute. :evilgrin:

:evilgrin: #2.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon May 21, 2012 1:00 pm

I wish I had some prescription 3D glasses. Unfortunately my optometrist says there are no glasses that will make me see in 3D... :cry:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby gronank on Mon May 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Btw, will they ever make 3D glasses that works with my eye patch?
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby gronank on Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 pm

How to Train Your Dragon
lovely movie. Only downside is how the vikings' masculinity is downplayed a bit by the scottish accents.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby black bart on Thu May 24, 2012 8:34 am

gronank wrote:

Only downside is how the vikings' masculinity is downplayed a bit by the scottish accents

I assume you are joking with that statement...even the women sound masculine in Scotland.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby gronank on Thu May 24, 2012 1:22 pm

black bart wrote:gronank wrote:

Only downside is how the vikings' masculinity is downplayed a bit by the scottish accents

I assume you are joking with that statement...even the women sound masculine in Scotland.

I see that you've only scratched the surface of the madness that is Island. The vikings there where never domesticated. Whenever scots go to the pub to drink themselves blind, Islanders are most likely out moving buildings away from lava flows.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:28 pm

So I finally saw The Pirates!

All oi sais is, next yeare thee Jim Lad Hawarrrghds will be run proper, loike!
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby gronank on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:56 pm

To Kill a Mockingbird

Every jury should have a Henry Fonda in it
gronank
Lord of Linguini

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors