Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:03 pm

That's really cool. I'm either going to make self-replicating spiders made out of lego-like blocks and call them "Replicators", or make some sort of cyborg and call it "Skynet". But seriously, that's really cool.

^^ I was referring to management there, although come to think of it, they wouldn't know what you're talking about. That could be a good thing.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby gronank on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 am

Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:52 pm

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Ok, ADD/ADHD are real problems and do benefit in some cases from Ritalin. With that said, I definitely prefer this treatment methodology for most of the 'difficult' children I know that have never been taught to sit down and shut up before :evilgrin:

Edit - This was meant to go in 'Funny stuff...', whoops :blush:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby gronank on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm

A carbon atom doesn't look like that, the bohr model doesn't represent very well what kind of an object an atom really is. I suppose people in general just doesn't care enough about spherical harmonical solutions of the schrödinger equation to care.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Alan Dente on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:This is intended as a counterpoint to funny stuff found on the interwebs: stuff that is not funny, but is undeniably cool. So here we go...

The last ever launch of Space Shuttle Discovery as viewed from a commercial airliner.

Not funny. But cool.

That was an awesome viewing perspective of the launch... THANKS!!!
There Is No Love Greater Than The Love Of Pasta
Alan Dente
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PKMKII on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue May 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Apologies if this has already been posted, but that reminds me of a... similar video. Gets going at about :30, though the best part is undoubtedly at 4:42.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby black bart on Wed May 02, 2012 7:52 am

I really like Alan Dente's avatar.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed May 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Ashes and Snow

Since 1992 [Canadian] photographer and filmmaker Gregory Colbert has collaborated with more than 40 species around the world to create a 21st-century bestiary. These images attempt to express the world not only through human eyes, but also through the eyes of a whale, an elephant, a manatee, a meerkat, a cheetah, or an orangutan.

The flash version is quite nice.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby PKMKII on Thu May 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Courtney Love Loses Rights to Kurt Cobain's Image. Said rights will pass to his daughter, Frances Bean Cobain.

I've never been a huge Nirvana or Cobain fan, but I'm glad that trollop can't keep leeching off his legacy, or screwing with it for her own, personal gain.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby black bart on Fri May 04, 2012 7:41 am

pieces o'nine wrote:Ashes and Snow

Since 1992 [Canadian] photographer and filmmaker Gregory Colbert has collaborated with more than 40 species around the world to create a 21st-century bestiary. These images attempt to express the world not only through human eyes, but also through the eyes of a whale, an elephant, a manatee, a meerkat, a cheetah, or an orangutan.

The flash version is quite nice.

Amazing!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm

gronank wrote:A carbon atom doesn't look like that, the bohr model doesn't represent very well what kind of an object an atom really is. I suppose people in general just doesn't care enough about spherical harmonical solutions of the schrödinger equation to care.

I know, but I suppose it's the most easily recognisable "shape" of an atom to most people, and it keeps the graphic simple, too.

Parenting win indeed, PK. I had flashbacks to Wayne's World, and doing that with school friends in cars.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 am

Get your Queen masks ready...yes you Scottish persons as well:

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Sat May 12, 2012 12:17 am

PKMKII

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes