Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 pm

daftbeaker wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:My brother just listens to that infernal Jungle, Kiss FM level Drum 'n' Bass, and Dance stuff. *shudders*

In his defence, a lot of metal is poo as well :idiot: Nothing excuses Kiss FM though, it's like pineapple on pizza.

There is quite a bit of what is laughably named "metal" and "rock" that are indeed poo, but nowhere near as much as the infernal jungle, etc, that I refer to above. I don't like it, therefore it's poo. :haha: :moon:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
User avatar
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce
 
Posts: 3586
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: BASE jumping off the Dark Tower.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:15 am

daftbeaker wrote: Nothing excuses Kiss FM though, it's like pineapple on pizza.
Hang on, gimpy boy! You can't just make assertions like that without evidence and expect them to be treated credibly. Where is your evidence? How can you demonstrate empirically that 'Kiss FM' is actually more like 'Rimming The Dog FM'?
Not that I disagree with you, the 'roid ragers at the gym insist on listening to it while they are staring at themselves in the mirror.

daftbeaker wrote:...a lot of metal is poo as well :idiot:
Now that I can provide supporting evidence for:

Image

Quod erat demonstrandum.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
User avatar
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
 
Posts: 15790
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
daftbeaker wrote: Nothing excuses Kiss FM though, it's like pineapple on pizza.
Hang on, gimpy boy! You can't just make assertions like that without evidence and expect them to be treated credibly. Where is your evidence? How can you demonstrate empirically that 'Kiss FM' is actually more like 'Rimming The Dog FM'?

I will take three groups of 21 people. One of those groups shall be issued a radio which allows every station apart from Kiss FM, one shall only be allowed to listen to Kiss FM and one shall not be allowed any music as a control. These groups will be carefully selected to avoid any idiot youths in the Kiss FM group to prevent bias. Then they will listen to their radios constantly until the experiment ends.

The experiment will end when 20 people in the Kiss group commit suicide, thus proving at p < 0.05 that Kiss FM makes you want to commit suicide.

I like this plan, mainly because it allows for one deviant in the Kiss FM group to actually like it :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
User avatar
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.
 
Posts: 11337
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Surrey, England.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby PKMKII on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:...a lot of metal is poo as well :idiot:
Now that I can provide supporting evidence for:


I don't think Bon Jovi really counts as metal.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
User avatar
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent
 
Posts: 10837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: Where the Sun don't shine

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Counts as poo, though...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
User avatar
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
 
Posts: 15790
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby pieces o'nine on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 am

Doing SCIENCE! with ferrofluid
* experiences overwhelming compulsion to put on lab coat, lab glasses, and say, "MUA HA HA" * :scientist:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
User avatar
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!
 
Posts: 8615
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Ocean o'Sand

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby black bart on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:25 am

Aaarrrgh thee magnets were so strong they pulled me shyppe's sawbones's fillins out!

Image
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
User avatar
black bart
Resident Weevil
 
Posts: 25876
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am
Location: London

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm with PK. Appearing to agree with the assertion that DB made as to a lot of metal being poo, then providing "evidence" which consists of a member of a soft rock band, does not aid DB's cause. You are therefore banned. :haha:

Knowing that this is the cool stuff thread, and knowing that I am therefore not allowed to ban in here without providing at least one cool thing, I shall provide you with a wind map of the contiguous United States:-

A Wind Map of the Contiguous United States
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
User avatar
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce
 
Posts: 3586
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: BASE jumping off the Dark Tower.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby black bart on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:38 am

Another wind map of America:

Image
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
User avatar
black bart
Resident Weevil
 
Posts: 25876
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 am
Location: London

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby DavidH on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 am

Submitted specifically for db:

Image
Image
User avatar
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Herefordshire, Western England

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby DavidH on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:00 am

Oh, and here's the skwirrels in action:

Image
Image
User avatar
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm
Location: Herefordshire, Western England

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:22 am

DavidH wrote:Submitted specifically for db

I honestly don't think if management walked in the door and saw one kid chasing another with bits of a broken stool, another kid pretending to cut my throat with a ruler and a fourth trying to steal my cane I could pretend it's anywhere on the lesson plan :haha:

I do like it though :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
User avatar
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.
 
Posts: 11337
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Surrey, England.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm

DB, you could, as soon as the door is opened, say in a loud and clear voice, "And this is what happened when Xiaoliang Sunney Xie came up with the idea for Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Spectroscopy microscopy". That'd work. :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
User avatar
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce
 
Posts: 3586
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: BASE jumping off the Dark Tower.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Roland Deschain wrote:DB, you could, as soon as the door is opened, say in a loud and clear voice, "And this is what happened when Xiaoliang Sunney Xie came up with the idea for Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Spectroscopy microscopy". That'd work. :haha:

Erm, no. The class in question can barely explain what 'push open the door' means, your waffle sounds good but isn't even slightly convincing. Besides, I have no idea what Anti-Stokes Raman is :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
User avatar
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.
 
Posts: 11337
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Surrey, England.

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby Edd on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 pm

"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
User avatar
Edd
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2505
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests