CURRENT Television

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: CURRENT Television

Postby black bart on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 am

daftbeaker wrote:Six Nations.

It will only take Wales to lose to the French and England to get a 38 points difference for us to win. Why do I suspect Wales are getting the Grand Slam? :idiot:

Edit - I've just realised, for England to win I have to want the French to win :confused: :paranoid:

Sorry but no bananas for you on this occasion. As I pointed out on the sport thread the evil French insisted on leaving the roof of the Millennium Stadium roof open when it was raining but it didn't do them any good.

I watched some of the England Ireland game and thought either England have improved massively or the Irish weren't in the mood to be bothered...I have never seen Ireland play so badly.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 am

For a team with a new manager and losing their most consistent point scorer England are actually playing really well (apart from Botha who seems to spend his time giving away penalties or getting injured). Ireland are poo at the moment which helped :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:33 pm

I don't really visit the sports thread, as sport doesn't interest me, so i'm not commenting on the Six Nations. Not that I haven't vaguely trolled it before. :haha:

I watched all three seasons of The Inbetweeners on the horribly designed 4oD over the weekend, culminating in the last couple of episodes and the recent film yesterday. I've only watched the odd bit here and there before, but I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it all. It's a mix between the old British sex comedies and the American Pie films, but done in a most British way. Most excellent.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby bacon on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:54 pm

The season finale of Walking Dead was on last Sunday. Great ending to the season. I'm going to be waiting impatiently for the 3rd season.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 pm

My friends on another website have roped Ashley and I into watching "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". We watched the first episode. It was alright, although it's too soon to say whether we'll become a brony and a pegasister, as the fans call themselves.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 am

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:My friends on another website have roped Ashley and I into watching "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". We watched the first episode. It was alright, although it's too soon to say whether we'll become a brony and a pegasister, as the fans call themselves.

:shocked: Don't do it, ADoS!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:32 pm

ADOS, we'd Really Rather You Didn't...
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:ADOS, we'd Really Rather You Didn't...

:lol:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am

I just watched the second episode of MLP:FIM. It was pretty corny. Not especially excited to watch the rest of the series, which I won't do unless Ashley really wants me to. I guess I can't call myself a brony then. :P

The reason Ashley decided she wanted to watch it is she read and watched about the controversy surrounding Ditzy Doo, a.k.a. "Derpy Hooves". She thought it was interesting.

Unfortunately, the show itself isn't so interesting. :lol:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:12 pm

At the insistence of my friends, I kept watching. Now I've watched seven episodes and am enjoying them quite a bit. I guess I've gone over to the brightly-colored side... :antipasta:
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:At the insistence of my friends, I kept watching. Now I've watched seven episodes and am enjoying them quite a bit. I guess I've gone over to the brightly-colored side... :antipasta:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Milo the dog on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Arf!
Milo the dog
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:33 pm

I must be bored, I've started watching The Apprentice :idiot: Just once I would love one of the cretins to call him Alan or Mr Sugar rather than Sir Alan Lord Sugar Patron Saint of Brown-noses.

Also, there's a BBC series called Modern Spies which is really quite good, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 pm

daftbeaker wrote:I must be bored, I've started watching The Apprentice :idiot: Just once I would love one of the cretins to call him Alan or Mr Sugar rather than Sir Alan Lord Sugar Patron Saint of Brown-noses.

You need to be extremely bored, as in locked in a room with only that to watch. I am ashamed. :moon: Are the people/contestants/hopefuls on it still all complete dicks?

Still, you do have the same dream as I have that someone will just walk on in there and call him by his first name. I have never really liked honorifics, and attempt to use them as little as possible, if at all. Saying that, even if I insisted on using honorifics with everyone I met, i'd still call him "Alan". :haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:53 am

I watched 'Silent Witness' last night because James Cosmo was in it:

He played a Hannibal Lector style serial killer...I quite often find him sitting opposite me in the Steam Room at my local Spa and from now on I'm going to be rather nervous.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors