The Passive-Aggressive Game

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: The Passive-Aggressive Game

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 am

Congratulations, Nef Yoo, you very nearly did it that time. Over three months without a response? It says a lot for your friends that your opinions command so much respect.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:52 am

How dare you start this thread up again, Roy! All those people ignoring it, and you remind them of it, although I like this thread, so thanks for reminding me of it once again. It should be fun thinking of something to type, but then it really annoys me that you would force me to think. How dare you!
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Oh, oi knows that hit be awl fun an games fer yer lot; dunna giv a moment of thought fer thee pour mods wot must wade threw yet *anuvver* threade ov meaningless twaddle, sacrificin' valyoobul toime wot could be better put towards arrrghfternoon naps.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:21 pm

OH!
Boring you are we ?
You poor dear .
It must be soooo trying... pushing buttons and dragging a mouse around ... watching what amounts to a television all day and night
You must chip a nail now and then , up there in your ivory tower , seated in your comfortable swivel throne passing judgement upon humble offerings , nodding off on the job .

For my part , I can only offer to endeavor to attempt to promise to do better next time .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 am

And I am sure you will do better next time, Mad Will. It's probably not your fault that poor Pieces finds your posts boring, she's probably distracted by planning all those objets d'art she glues buttons onto, like a four-year-old doing a collage in nursery.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:32 pm

^ :whip: :haha:

That's it, Roy. Kick Pieces when she's down. I really detest your attitude on here sometimes, it makes me sick, but that could just be what I ate last night, so don't worry about it. I really should go and lie down for a little while, as it defeats the purpose of coming home early. Don't worry about me. I'm probably just rambling on due to not feeling well, but i'm not so sure it isn't to do with your attitude, Roy. Sick. And. Tired!!!!! :furious:

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 am

Thank the gods that gallants are ever ready on this board to defend the honor of mods in distress -- whether they were asked to or not -- and whether they are really very good at it, when all is said and done. And even though far more is usually said than done, at least you added to your post count, thereby bringing you minutely closer to a custom title.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:57 am

HOI !

Wots thus !?

So none ove ye scurvy blaggards has a fing to say?!
This thread tooooo much work pr'haps ?
Well oi 'spose oi shunt blame ye fer not posting here .
This threads only fer thee brave .

The players aught to be back soon , otherwise it be up to us wimmins to keep this oh so challenging game alive .
You lurkers may continue lurking , let me do wot needs be done to save this thread .

Run along , Auntie be busy .
Go play thee simpler games and leave this one to thee more sofisttycated .
Ye Crows Nest be open fer business me dearies.
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby black bart on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:43 am

:moon: :confused: :drinking: :lurk:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Nothing to say, Bart? Bloody typical it is. Bloody typical. Trust you to say so much with so few words, or no words at all. It's remarkable how you appear to get so much emotion out of such a simple thing. How do you do it? I'd love to know, as it's something I truly admire you for. Is it magic? I think magic is the way of the devil, and all users should be burnt at the stake!

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:33 am

Oh my dear Rollin ,

Ye nay be denagratin poor ole Barfollymule is ye ?
Oi be shorely disappointed if it be thus . For ye hath alwaze been sooooo cordyal an polite . But I fink ye muss be troo to yerself , an wilt nay hold yer distikable sordid akshuns aginst ye .
It woode be neath me to pik upon that lout , that vile nose picker , that o'er inflated meethane factory , that reeking pile of ...
Ye Crows Nest be open fer business me dearies.
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby black bart on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 am

Roland Deschain wrote:Nothing to say, Bart? Bloody typical it is. Bloody typical. Trust you to say so much with so few words, or no words at all. It's remarkable how you appear to get so much emotion out of such a simple thing. How do you do it? I'd love to know, as it's something I truly admire you for. Is it magic? I think magic is the way of the devil, and all users should be burnt at the stake!

To be honest I can't get the hang of this thread at all!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 am

black bart wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:Nothing to say, Bart? Bloody typical it is. Bloody typical. Trust you to say so much with so few words, or no words at all. It's remarkable how you appear to get so much emotion out of such a simple thing. How do you do it? I'd love to know, as it's something I truly admire you for. Is it magic? I think magic is the way of the devil, and all users should be burnt at the stake!

To be honest I can't get the hang of this thread at all!

:haha: It's about being nice and nasty at the same time. Pay a compliment that suddenly turns into an insult, and vice versa. It takes a little practise.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:13 am

[out_of_character]Proper passive-aggressive behaviour involves being angry and judgemental about someone or something, but rigidly keeping up the appearance up that you are not angry or judgemental. That is why you turn the blame on yourself or someone / something else rather than the person you are talking about (in the context of this game, the previous poster). It should be obvious, however, that the 'someone' you are talking about, or the 'these people' to whom you allude, is in fact the previous poster. Alternatively, you can say something in such a way that it is perfectly obvious that you mean the diametrically opposite thing. Like this:[/out_of_character]

Thanks for clearing that up for us Roland. It's so nice that you have such a clear grasp of the underlying concept, and that you're so helpful to Bart.
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:28 pm

No problem, Roy. It's so nice to be appreciated in such a delightful way, even if it comes from you. :haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes