What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Leftover Thai green curry :love:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Brussels sprouts, kippered herring, and wheat toast with strawberry jam. Surprisingly filling. I had to take a nap.

That's certainly a unique mix you had there. Was the toast and jam a kind of dessert?

black bart wrote:One had a very tasty dish on Sunday evening...Chicken stuffed with Gorgonzola and Cranberry Sauce and wrapped in Proscoo...Proscyewt...Procol...that Italian bacony stuff. Cooked in the oven of course.

Prosciutto, also known as Parma Ham. :haha:

Yesterday I had Swedish meatballs with fusilli pasta, and a nice tomatoey pasta sauce. It was a holy experience for me.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:06 am

I am currently engaged in a licorice binge. Om nom nom nom nom...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 pm

No, the strawberry jam toast was part of the meal. I alternated between the three food items as I ate.

I had two cups of strawberry-frosted shredded wheat with milk for dessert tonight.

I may go on a licorice binge as well when my new black bear doll (which Ashley bought for me as an Easter present) arrives. Her name is Daisy Skullcrusher, and she is friends with Norman Seedcoffer the squirrel and Bellwort the two-faced owl. Bellwort enjoys licorice. There may be celebration of the long-awaited reunion.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Earlier today I had sausages and beans for breakfast, followed by a bacon sandwich for lunch. I am apparently getting a McDonalds for dinner which means I'll probably have my saturated fat intake for the next week sorted in one day :paranoid:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:50 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Earlier today I had sausages and beans for breakfast, followed by a bacon sandwich for lunch. I am apparently getting a McDonalds for dinner which means I'll probably have my saturated fat intake for the next week sorted in one day :paranoid:
Directions for later. We'll bring grapes and lucozade and stuff.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:54 pm

^ :lol: I suggest the bariatric ambulance. :evilgrin:

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:22 pm

You can both bugger off, I don't like Lucozade :moon:

daftbeaker

Postby Ravi Oli on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Leftover Beef [and vege] korma. Veges are good for you right? I tend to add them to most dishes... for the korma tossed in taties, sweet taties, pumpkin plus a bit of cauliflower and brocolli. Prolly just go chops n' chips for lazy Sunday dinner tonight tho. :haha:
I often wonder if ADoS's dietitian knows what he eats... :barf:
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Pickled onions. It turns out that a large straightened paperclip makes a rather good pickled onion spear :haha:

daftbeaker

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Eggs with peppers and green onions.

For dessert I'm going to have a package of Hostess Sno Balls with milk.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm

I am eating a chenin blanc. On a school night, too.

Had dinner a couple of hours ago: tandoori chicken, nachos, greek salad, coleslaw, hummus and pitta. The chenin is Californian. If I finish the night with a naughty wee Ozzy shiraz, I think I've covered all the continents (I am claiming the hummus and pitta as north African, for the purposes of my globetrotting dinner).

Or I could just go and eat a meerkat...
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm afraid that you've forgotten the penguin, as only this will conclude your continental feast. :haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Where does this "pitta" come from? You and daftbeaker say it a lot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitta

You don't eat pittas. Do you perhaps mean "pita"?

I suspect it comes from the stubborn British habit of crunching foreign words into English conventional norms. "Pit-a" becomes "pitta". But it's pronounced "PEE-tah".

:idiot: :nefyoobash:
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Cooked up a wee slab of blade roast on my cast iron skillet , it lasted three days .
Ole Fritzie boyo always rubs up against my leg or climbs onto a higher perch to see what I'm cooking up . The sound of something sizzling generally means a tasty wee tidbit for him .

I also made up a huge batch of spaghetti sauce , and had leftover pasta with the slab of bovine .
I think I've had enough animal protein for a while because I find myself craving salads and fresh fruit at the moment .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

PreviousNext

Return to Food