Friendster

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Friendster

Postby Capellini on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:43 pm

I've started a group at www.friendster.com. It's free and easy to sign-up, and should be a good alternative for networking since those Meetup bastards charge money.

Just sign up for Friendster, and then search for the group Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. Membership is open to the public.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Rasti on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:38 pm

How can you NOT follow this wench? :compute: :worship: :twisted:

Disclaimer: Rasti is a sucker for chicks with monkeys, who also spank them. He is not a good example to follow. But join Friendster anyway, you scurvy dogs!!!
'We must Dissent', for the noodles ;)
A Validus Noodle , Pro valde Pax
Rasti
Farfalle First Mate

Location: Florida: Manipulating Hurricanes in his Noodley Name ;)

Postby Capellini on Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:56 pm

OMFSM! I was updating my Friendster profile, and I added Flying Spaghetti Monsterism as an affiliation. This created a link in my profile, and when I clicked said link, I got a list of 138 people who have ALSO LISTED FSM AS AN AFFILIATION!

This is truly disturbing. We've infected the world. I must hide under my bed now.

Alright, my shock and horror is lessened. It pulled up a bunch of 'flying', with not necessarily Spaghetti and Monsterism afterwards. Oh well.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:10 pm

Ok, I made an account.
russellaguilar@gmail.com

So, now what? I have never used one of these Friendster type things......

The High Pirate Duke of Marin
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:12 pm

Cappelini, I can see that you are a vet or you work in an animal hospital.
But where did you get the monkey from?!?

The High Pirate Duke of Marin
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Duke on Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:28 am

Ramen.

It is a very nice picture.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Capellini on Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:36 pm

Duke,

Search for Flying Spaghetti Monster in the groups section, and then . . . join.

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Duke on Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:26 am

Capellini wrote:Duke,

Search for Flying Spaghetti Monster in the groups section, and then . . . join.

Done. I noticed with dismay that there are but a mere 24 members. Come on, you guys!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

And Tribe too!

Postby Linguine Bella on Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:59 pm

Ahoy, Mateys-
I see that there are a couple on tribe.net as well:

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
http://tribes.tribe.net/cfsm

Flying Spaghetti Monster
http://tribes.tribe.net/fsm
Linguine Bella
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:38 pm

Does FSM have a Google group?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:45 pm

Google has groups? Well, I'll be darned!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Cannon_Fodder on Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:10 pm

Yes, the FSM does in fact have a google group, with only 13 members currently. Just go to Google's main page, click "Groups" (at the top) and search for "Flying Spaghetti Monster".

-(Rev. Brackets)
"The Big Bang violates the first Law of Thermodynamics!"
"So does your face!"
Cannon_Fodder
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Duke on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:06 pm

Cannon_Fodder wrote:Yes, the FSM does in fact have a google group, with only 13 members currently. Just go to Google's main page, click "Groups" (at the top) and search for "Flying Spaghetti Monster".

-(Rev. Brackets)

Hmm. What is the purpose of these "Google Groups"?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby lei on Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:26 pm

i can't resist an opportunity to plug our chatroom:

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=371
"In a world of hate, love is the ultimate protest." - Chuck D
lei
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:31 pm

Nothing there available for Mac....... *sigh*..........

I would love to go on the chat room.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Next

Return to FSM Gatherings