What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:23 pm

I just had a banana, a can of kippers, and a whole wheat dinner roll for lunch.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:51 pm

I had my first proper salad of the year tonight:-

The Vegetables to make it a salad - Mixed leaf salad with sliced tomatoes, cucumber, long red peppers, and sweetcorn (off the cob). This was topped with a salad dressing.

The Meat to make it special - Slices of chorizo and salami, a mini sausage roll, a few mini sausages, and a mini cornish pasty.

Extras for fun - A boiled egg, and garlic mayonnaise.

Yes, I am still stuffed, but it was well worth it. The first salad of the year is, as is the first barbeque of the year, a special occasion and a celebration.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby PKMKII on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Sausage and Peppers on a cheese roll.

There's Asian-style shortribs marinating in the fridge for tomorrow, along with some carrots and mustard seeds that are pickling.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Arkaeon on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Slab of meat. Red meat. Quick-seared sirloin steak, medium rare, loaded with salt & pepper & garlic; consecrated to spirits of earth, air and water that I may be one with the fire of its life; with lots of blood in it...
...and to drink: sweetened vanilla cow's milk spiked with vodka.

My totems think it's a great meal, even the bird and the tree.

There, now my abomination is complete. Anyone left who isn't offended?

(I suppose I could have put it on a hot dog bun to get the Erisians, too, but their morals are even flimsier than FSM's.)
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai
Arkaeon
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Ravi Oli on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:21 pm

^ add a mound of chunky potato chips to compliment the spirit[ual] form of the vodka.
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Arkaeon wrote:Slab of meat. Red meat. Quick-seared sirloin steak, medium rare, loaded with salt & pepper & garlic; consecrated to spirits of earth, air and water that I may be one with the fire of its life; with lots of blood in it...
...and to drink: sweetened vanilla cow's milk spiked with vodka.

My totems think it's a great meal, even the bird and the tree.

There, now my abomination is complete. Anyone left who isn't offended?

(I suppose I could have put it on a hot dog bun to get the Erisians, too, but their morals are even flimsier than FSM's.)

Offended? Everything that lives is food for something. Any accrued karma is yours, though you seem to live in a relatively karma-free manner. It would be one thing if you were to boast about some intentionally prolonged and painful manner of killing your meat, but I feel it's unlikely that you would do that even without the boasting.

Personally, right now, I'm eating some wine.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm

I had sausages and beans avec Tobasco. It's just not the same when the sausages are put in the can.

Oh, and I just finished some rather nice cheddar and crackers with a bottle of Beaujolais I nicked from downstairs.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Cheese and pickle sandwich with bitter :love:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 am

Bacon rolls and orange juice. It's orange juice with bits. Lots of bits. That's why it's more like eating it than drinking it. Looking forward to eating an olive tonight, because it's going to be at the bottom of a martini glass.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 am

One had a very tasty dish on Sunday evening...Chicken stuffed with Gorgonzola and Cranberry Sauce and wrapped in Proscoo...Proscyewt...Procol...that Italian bacony stuff. Cooked in the oven of course.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 am

Smash and pickled onions :antipasta:

daftbeaker

Postby DavidH on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 am

Mrs H's excellent cauliflower-and-cheese soup. :zen:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:33 am

Last night, my dinner consisted of a can of kippers, and a bean and cheese burrito with ketchup. Fine dining, to be sure.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby black bart on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am

Home made Shepherds Pie (first peel one Shepherd).
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Brussels sprouts, kippered herring, and wheat toast with strawberry jam. Surprisingly filling. I had to take a nap.
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Food