Our Animals

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Our Animals

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh, and how rude of me! Thank you all for the compliments! :blush:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 pm

There's the late Jimmy, the current Cookie, and the late Scamp.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby black bart on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:02 am

I wasn't really sure where to post this but it does concern a dog.

If only I'd had my camera ready this morning I could have captured a 'Benton' moment which would have lit up YouTube for weeks.

As I cycled toward Twickenham station (thank FSM I wasn't on the pavement/sidewalk) I heard a terrible screeching/metallic scraping noise coming towards me. Suddenly an incredible spectacle hove into sight, a dog was charging at full speed along the pavement with a very large steel road sign attached to it's lead, the effect was like a chariot race. People on the pavement were literally jumping out of the way of the scything road sign and coming up in the rear, in breathless persuit of the dog, was the unfortunate owner.

The dog, the road sign and the owner disappeared from sight and I only hope no one was hurt.

At a glance it looked very similar to the dog on the roof I photographed but it all happened very quickly.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:40 am

When tying one's dog to an immovable object in order to go into the shop and get bread and milk, think carefully about the definition of immovable: your definition may not be the same as your dog's.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Ho
Dat be comanmint nummer nien fowsind an sumfin
rrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby black bart on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 am

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:Ho
Dat be comanmint nummer nien fowsind an sumfin
rrrrrr

Well spotted Nef Yoo. It also remoinded me o thee toim we tied yer leg to a Whalin Shyppe's riggin an shouted "Greenpeace Ahoy"!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby bacon on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am

My poor doggie isn't feeling well. She was moping around all day yesterday, and anytime we try to take her for her walkies she hasn't wanted to go. Something is wrong when she doesn't want to jump on the couch and take my spot when I get up from the television. Poor thing.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Get her to the vet, Bacon. You never know what might be wrong with a sickly animal. If you knew how much we spend on vet bills.....
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby bacon on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Get her to the vet, Bacon. You never know what might be wrong with a sickly animal. If you knew how much we spend on vet bills.....

Luckily, Gacy has made a full recovery. I was contemplating taking her to the vet when I got home last night, but when I opened the door she was back to her bouncing around self thankfully! Or not so thankfully, she took my spot on the couch again.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 am

A 24-hour feeling-sorry-for-self from a dog normally means that they have eaten something not compatible with being a dog. Milo is partial to the odd pine cone or mussel shell. He can't digest them, and they seem to hurt like hell coming out the other end, but once they have he perks up.

Anyway, Milo has a new friend across the way: Charlie, a 12-week-old Yorkshire Terrier. Pictures as soon as I manage to catch him with a camera. He is seriously cute.
:love:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:47 pm

In the midst of my back woes, our boy Pez passed away Friday morning. He had been battling a lung tumor and doing rather well with medication. Friday he suddenly collapsed and was gone within fifteen minutes. Probably a heart attack, poor fella. He was a feral with FIV, minutes from "euthanasia" when we rescued him about 8 years ago. Turned into the sweetest guy you ever met. He will be missed.

Photobucket seems to be uncooperative, so here's the link to the picture I tried to post.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby TwistedSister on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 am

So sorry ET.....you love them no matter what and never give up on them and feel the pain when they are gone. There should be more folks like you in this World. {{hugs}}
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby TwistedSister on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 am

Oops, double posted.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Sorry to hear of the loss of your cat, ET. You and your good lady have not had a good time recently, and my heartfelt wishes go out to you both, not to mention your animals too. You've given them good homes, and that is 8 wonderful years Pez enjoyed that he may not have done without you.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Dom thee Danger Catte came home from the veterinarrrghian this morning. He was still staggering from the anesthetic, and none too pleased about being out in the dogs' carrier (emergency situation - could not find his) for transport. What had looked like a horrifying, bleeding gash in his throat turned out to be non-bite-related and on-the-mend. He's even accepting the anti-biotic/pain meds with minimal gagging and flailing.

Although he was born in Wiscaaaaahnsin, he *vehemently* denies that it was a goiter.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion