The FSM and Freetail brewery

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The FSM and Freetail brewery

Postby Cardinal Fang on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Came across mention of this brewing company on another forum.

In a letter they write to a lawyer they reference His Noodliness. It's quite a fun read for a lawyer's letter: http://www.freetailbrewing.com/images/stories/c_and_d_response_redacted.pdf

CF

P.S. Trying to work up the courage to use "Word to yo' mamma" instead of "Yours faithfully" in a formal letter
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Re: The FSM and Freetail brewery

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:55 am

Also: Some brewery needs to make a "Flying Spaghett-ale Monster" beer.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 pm

OMFSM, that was an awesome legal letter. If only more people would write like this, the world would be so much more fun to live in. Document saved to my "Awesome Docs" folder. :haha:

PKMKII wrote:Also: Some brewery needs to make a "Flying Spaghett-ale Monster" beer.

Seconded, but it needs a picture of strippers (male and female) on the label, along with Him.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 am

Roland Deschain wrote:OMFSM, that was an awesome legal letter. If only more people would write like this, the world would be so much more fun to live in. Document saved to my "Awesome Docs" folder. :haha:

PKMKII wrote:Also: Some brewery needs to make a "Flying Spaghett-ale Monster" beer.

Seconded, but it needs a picture of strippers (male and female) on the label, along with Him.

I might be tempted to have a go at a label for the ale. it has to be a strong one of course. :drinking:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:16 am

black bart wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:OMFSM, that was an awesome legal letter. If only more people would write like this, the world would be so much more fun to live in. Document saved to my "Awesome Docs" folder. :haha:

I might be tempted to have a go at a label for the ale. it has to be a strong one of course. :drinking:

I agree with the strength issue. Don't want the label coming off easily... :whistle:

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:09 am

^ Doh!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 am

Here is my design for the beer label...all we need is the bottles and the beer!

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Cpt Optimus Redbeard on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm

I have been contemplating getting into home brewing... hmm...
Cpt Optimus Redbeard
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 am

Great design, Bart. I would buy beer with a label like that!

Cpt Optimus Redbeard wrote:I have been contemplating getting into home brewing... hmm...

Welcome to Venganza, Cpt. Optimus Redbeard. Remember, when making homebrew, using half the recommended amount of water makes the beer twice the strength. :haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:11 am

Roland Deschain wrote:Great design, Bart. I would buy beer with a label like that!

Cpt Optimus Redbeard wrote:I have been contemplating getting into home brewing... hmm...

Welcome to Venganza, Cpt. Optimus Redbeard. Remember, when making homebrew, using half the recommended amount of water makes the beer twice the strength. :haha:

… and so does a misprint in the recipe that inverts the lbs/kgs quantities, as hubby once found out (about thirty years ago). The resultant brew was as strong as neat whisky. :drinking: :drunk:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Cpt Optimus Redbeard on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 am

I'll have to keep that in mind. I can't help but think of a local brewery's annual Bourbon Barrel Stout. This year I opened my first bottle and wondered if they forgot to take the bourbon out of the barrels first... :drinking:
Cpt Optimus Redbeard
Conchigliette Convert

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:15 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:Welcome to Venganza, Cpt. Optimus Redbeard. Remember, when making homebrew, using half the recommended amount of water makes the beer twice the strength. :haha:

… and so does a misprint in the recipe that inverts the lbs/kgs quantities, as hubby once found out (about thirty years ago). The resultant brew was as strong as neat whisky. :drinking: :drunk:

[pedant]I really don't think so Tig. Most yeasts die off at about 12-15% alcohol (which is why most wines are around that strength). Even specially bred high-strength yeasts can only get alcohol to around 20% before they are poisoned.[/pedant]

Mind you, if he did mix the quantities up like that it might well have tasted like whisky :drinking:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby black bart on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 am

I can almost taste the beer.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 am

black bart wrote:Here is my design for the beer label...all we need is the bottles and the beer!

Awww, I missed it. The link's broken now.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Return to All Things FSM