Origin of Pastafarianism

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Origin of Pastafarianism

Postby Aclor79 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:00 pm

What are people's positions on the story that Bobby Henderson invented Pastafarianism in 2005?
Praise be to The Sauced And Noodly One, and may your cheese never be from a green cardboard can. R'amen.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: Origin of Pastafarianism

Postby DavidH on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Our Noodly Lord has been there from the beginning, by definition. As for the religion, I quote from the blog:

"The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, while having existed in secrecy for hundreds of years, only recently came into the mainstream when this letter was published in May 2005.
With millions, if not thousands, of devout worshippers, the Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion, even by its opponents – mostly fundamentalist Christians, who have accepted that our God has larger balls than theirs."
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:14 pm

It doesn't really matter what people's beliefs about origins or chronology are: we have flimsy moral standards and a complete lack of dogma, so even if we did disagree about it it would be un-Pastafarian of us to argue about it. Have another rum and say "Yargh!" instead.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Aclor79 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 pm

David, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Roy, I heartily agree (although I am too young to drink rum. I'll find myself a root beer or something :drinking: ).
Praise be to The Sauced And Noodly One, and may your cheese never be from a green cardboard can. R'amen.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:14 pm

OK, well if you're a young 'un, here's something to consider: most religions pride themselves on how long they have been around, and how old their books and traditions are; but we are a modern, scientific religion (we have a graph to prove it), and in science the more recent your literature and methods are the better. So by having our oldest scriptures from the last decade, and our latest ones still being written by nerds - er - I mean discovered by theological scholars, we think our religion is far better than all these ancient ones. And if you disagree, we aren't really bothered, and it doesn't really matter anyway.

How's that?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Aclor79 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Our religion is better. Not morally, of course, but it certainly is more fun! :lurk:
Oh, and science can't contradict ours. :scientist:
Before pastafarianism, I was never religious, and now I am spreading word of Him to my friends.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:09 pm

The evidence for the existence of Pastafarianism throughout human history is overwhelming if you know where to find it. I, myself, relatively recently published a paper in the peer-reviewed journal "Playbilge" about references to Him in H P Lovecraft's works. There are more in this series on the way once I find the time to make, I mean fully research, the evidence.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Aclor79 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Don't you just love how chill the FSM is about this type of conversation? :zen:
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Aclor79 wrote:Don't you just love how chill the FSM is about this type of conversation? :zen:

Or He's just hungover. :haha:

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Aclor79 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:51 pm

It has the same effect. :drunk: , :zen: , whatever.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby pieces o'nine on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Roland Deschain wrote:I, myself, relatively recently published a paper in the peer-reviewed journal "Playbilge" about references to Him in H P Lovecraft's works.

Blassfimy, ye blaggarrrghd! Thee Peers don' reade nuffink, loike. They has servints t'reade *for* 'em.
Onlie servints, commoners an pyrates reviewes Playbilge. An we *loikes* hit that waye.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:15 am

pieces o'nine wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:I, myself, relatively recently published a paper in the peer-reviewed journal "Playbilge" about references to Him in H P Lovecraft's works.

Blassfimy, ye blaggarrrghd! Thee Peers don' reade nuffink, loike. They has servints t'reade *for* 'em.
Onlie servints, commoners an pyrates reviewes Playbilge. An we *loikes* hit that waye.

And who, exactly, are a Pirate's peers? Other Pirates! :moon:

Aclor79 wrote:It has the same effect. :drunk: , :zen: , whatever.

Indeed it does. :haha: He's the most chillingest god in existence!

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby DavidH on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:21 am

Aclor79, ye got thee ryght attitude, Matee! :haha:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Return to All Things FSM