Pastafarian holidays

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarian holidays

Postby Trampledbygeese on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Please forgive me if this is an overused topic. I'm having no end of trouble with the search function today. :facewall:

Could anyone teach me more about pastafarian holidays?

I understand that Fridays are a day to honour the great FSM :fsm_float: . Is there a standard way to do this such as eat pasta?

What about winter holidays? Most religions and cultures throughout history have a winter holiday, usually around the Solstice. Do pastafarian tend to celibate something special in December?

What other holidays are there and how are they observed?
Trampledbygeese
Ziti Zealot

Re: Pastafarian holidays

Postby gronank on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Yes, we honour his noodliness by eating pasta on friday. If you don't care for pasta or for other reasons are unable to have pasta on fridays, you can eat something else. If you don't want to eat something on friday, that's fine too but you should really mind proper nutrition.

For holidays, we are avid celibrators of "Talk like a pirate day" in something-something of september if we can remember the day on the day of celibrations. Some of our foreign friends likes to use the occation of Halloween to grace our Noodly Lord with pirate regalia. It might seem like a ninja thing to do because everyone else is also wearing something out of the ordinary, thus make the pirate regalia seem more like an "outfit" rather than the sacred worship in clothing form as it actually is. This is probably okay though, seeing it would be quite impossible for the Saucy One to have anything against ninjas.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Also, Holiday (which runs from approximately October - November through to January - February), where you haul your ship up into dry dock and scrape the barnacles off your keel, drink a little rum, sing some songs, put lighted tapers in your beard, that kind of thing...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Trampledbygeese on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Thank you guys.

I think I might make a special occasion tomorrow and hand make some pasta. It's been years since I've done that.
Trampledbygeese
Ziti Zealot

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Due to our loose morals, any day can be a Pastafarian holiday. Just look at Holiday that runs from October to February! :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Re: We Wish You A Merry Monkey

Postby DavidH on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Also, Trampledbygeese, we should warn you that very soon everyone will be talking about "monkey". This is our word for Christmas; it came from Pharyngula a year or two back.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Return to All Things FSM