Canadian Pastafarians Unite!

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby miketheguitarist on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:12 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:Welcome aboard, Mike... I take it you're the one with the picture in front of the book case on the big world map of Pastafarians (what'sit called...)?

Yup, that's me in my snazzy suit. My buddy Kevin is also on there, I believe if you click the little arrow thing again, his post will come up.
miketheguitarist
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cannon_Fodder on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:07 pm

I hail from Kingston, Ont (halfway between Toronto and Ottawa). A little town, but it has some nice parts. Like me! And The Pirate ship would be amazing, but I'd say just take it. A good boarding party is in order here...

-(Rev. Brackets)
"The Big Bang violates the first Law of Thermodynamics!"
"So does your face!"
Cannon_Fodder
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:10 am

Omnieiunium wrote:A note about the FSM Holiday season. People keep asking me what the FSM winter holiday is called - Ramendan, Pastamas, etc. Clever (not really), but no. Our winter holiday is named "Holiday", and stretches most of December and January. Consider how much our religion has spread over the last couple years; how many schools and businesses refer not to the "Christmas season", but to the pastafarian "Holiday season" instead? - Strong evidence of our rapid growth. A special thanks goes to Walmart, who rejected the Christian phrase "Merry Christmas" in favor of the Pastafarian greeting "Happy Holidays". We appreciate your support.

To avoid any annoying threads.

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Thus rendering the localized Pastamas, Saucemas and the little known, but highly significant "Hot Damn, It's Chocolate Covered Cherry Time!" holiday names as ALL valid for The Holidays.

Dunno what Omni will think about it, but since Dee Dee's approved local variations, I propose we adopt Saucemas as the Canadian version.

Why? Because it's got a "u". :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Touched by a Noodle on Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:56 pm

Seconded.
Touched by a Noodle
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Cannon_Fodder on Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:53 pm

Wow... we've only got 15 registered, posting Pastafarians. Out of about 1500 (not including the approx. half that don't post). That's actually quite sad. We are shamed...

-(Rev. Brackets)
"So does your face!"
Cannon_Fodder
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:57 pm

There's some non-posters on that list, but there's also some active Canucks that haven't popped in to say hi. Track them down....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Available Name on Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:31 pm

I'm here from Montreal, and spreading the word to as many as possible. (Hey, I've even roped a couple friends into a trip downtown to spread FSM)

Hey, we've got strippers in abundance. Does that mean that Montreal is close to Heaven?
This is a signature. (Don't believe him, he's lying)
Available Name
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cannon_Fodder on Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:33 am

No, that just means that it's Montreal, I hate to tell you (of course, that does mean that you get an early glimpse of half of heaven). Enjoy you're stay, and try not to go insane (unless you already were, then it's okay).

-(Rev. Brackets)
"So does your face!"
Cannon_Fodder
Farfalle First Mate

Postby StephyMerirosvo on Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:49 am

Can I be considered a Canadian even if I live abroad now? I'll come back one day! When I graduate...
I'm from Sherbrooke, Qc
StephyMerirosvo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Available Name on Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:55 pm

Cannon_Fodder wrote:No, that just means that it's Montreal, I hate to tell you (of course, that does mean that you get an early glimpse of half of heaven). Enjoy you're stay, and try not to go insane (unless you already were, then it's okay).

-(Rev. Brackets)
Actually, I live there. Hmm, one foot in heaven.
Available Name
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm

StephyMerirosvo wrote:Can I be considered a Canadian even if I live abroad now? I'll come back one day! When I graduate...
I'm from Sherbrooke, Qc

Bein' international is part of the whole Canadian gig. I'll probably move abroad at some point and then come back (if my plans for world domination by restaurant work out).
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Noodliness in Ontario

Postby mr.ska on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:44 pm

Hey all, I've recently been touched by His Noodly Appendage here in Waterloo, Ontairo, one hour West of Toronto. I'm alone in my Pastafarianism thus far (and my wife has confirmed that she would not be impressed with a logo on our car), but hope to spread the word here and abroad!

Any idea why there seems to be such a concentration of Pastafarians in B.C., but comparatively fewer here out East?
mr.ska
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:39 am

Let's just say that the local flora in BC makes them a little more prone to seeing flying spaghetti. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Available Name on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:30 pm

Turns out there are a fair amount fo people in Montreal who know about FSM. I've started handing out flyers at my CEGEP, and half the people have heard about it allready.

Then there was that odd lady at the supermarket that treated a flyer like it was the lague...
Available Name
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Agnostic Prophet on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:02 am

Victoria B.C. checkin' in.
Agnostic Prophet
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings