Rev? Cap'n? Fr? FSMin?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

What we call the ordained in CFSM?

Cap'n
24%
Reverend
10%
Irreverend
38%
Minister
No votes
Monister
14%
Pastor (Paaahstor)
10%
hey you
5%

Total votes : 21

Re: Rev? Cap'n? Fr? FSMin?

Postby Ham Nox on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Cap'n Tedward wrote:Well, my first wedding is a burningman. So, not a lot of ways to cook playa fish there... :lol:

Have fun Cap'n!
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Temp0ral on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm glad this is up for discussion, I am definitely interested in peoples views on this. Unfortunately for me though, there is a bit of work to do if you want to be able to perform any kind of legal ceremonies. Personally, I like Cap'n, it fits nicely (especially if your name happens to be Jack Harkness).

I don't suppose Darth is an option though, it is mighty tempting...
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Temp0ral wrote:I don't suppose Darth is an option though, it is mighty tempting...
Might be mixing up your religions a bit there, Temp0ral.

I still like Irreverend, because it helps the whole 'it's a satyrical religion' thing. As for officiating at ceremonies, I looked up the General Register Office for Scotland, and I could be temporarily authorised to marry a couple in a Pastafarian religious ceremony if I am "someone who is affiliated to a religious body and who is supported by office bearers of that body or other belief system to conduct a marriage ceremony on its behalf."

I am guessing that you guys would be OK with that? Do we have any office bearers?

Anyway, I need to supply them with the following:

General Register Office for Scotland wrote:1. A copy of their religious body's or other belief system's constitution or statement of faith, which should contain the aims and beliefs of the group together with details on the appointment of office bearers.

2. Details of membership, both locally and throughout the United Kingdom if applicable, and how often the local body meets for public worship.

3. A copy of the wording of the proposed marriage ceremony.

4. Their full name and the designation they would use when signing the Marriage Schedule eg Minister, Pastor or Lay Preacher.

5. Letters from two office bearers of the religious body or other belief system supporting their application and testifying to their status within the group.

6. The full names of the couple, the date and place of the marriage.

Although I have no plans to marry anyone at present, I am interested in finding out about what they would make of a Pastafarian marriage celebrant's application. As you can see from condition number 4, I would need a title, so we need to get this sorted out.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
Temp0ral wrote:As you can see from condition number 4, I would need a title, so we need to get this sorted out.

Ye arrrgheddy 'as wun: If it's not Scottish, it's crap. :fsm_yarr:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby skyweir on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:22 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:
Bug wrote:I will refrain from voting since every option is based on a Christian alternative.

That is a good point. Can we perhaps come up with riffs on other religions? Imam comes to mind, but I have no idea how we would pastafarianize that. Also: Rabbi.

Rabbi Oli (with apologies to Ravi...); for Imam, all I have is Imam Arrier (which is specific to this situation, and not to pastafaria). I gather Imam literally means leader of worship, or somesuch. P'raps something like Pyrate for pastafarians?
Vasco Pyjama asked Mr Curly: What is worth doing and what is worth having? Mr Curly replied: It is worth doing nothing and having a rest.
-- The Curly-Pyjama Letters
skyweir
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby PastorDeGranoDuro on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:05 am

Bug wrote:I will refrain from voting since every option is based on a Christian alternative. Cap'n is too close to "Chaplain" for me. And "Hey you" just won't work.

So I'm officially not casting a vote. Let the other parts of the community decide :fsm_float:

Edit: Some sort of version of "Flyer" might get my vote :haha:

Okay, someone out on the main page suggested a simple 'Matey'. Not sure if that works in the forum though because here is where the Pirates are and we are all 'mateys' there. I do like Irreverend, even though it borrows off Xtnty it does what the CotFSM does to churches and parodies the word.
PastorDeGranoDuro
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:04 pm

PastorDeGranoDuro wrote:...
I do like Irreverend, even though it borrows off Xtnty it does what the CotFSM does to churches and parodies the word.

Surely you're not implying that churchianity created all *its* concepts and terminology from thin air? :lol:
pieces o'nine

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:09 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:
I do like Irreverend, even though it borrows off Xtnty it does what the CotFSM does to churches and parodies the word.

Surely you're not implying that churchianity created all *its* concepts and terminology from thin air? :lol:

Don't be silly.

A lot of them came from people tripping off their tits on mushrooms and most of the rest came from committees :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 pm

daftbeaker wrote:
pieces o'nine wrote:

Don't be silly.

A lot of them came from people tripping off their tits on mushrooms and most of the rest came from committees :haha:

Don't be silly, yerself.

We all know that tits do not interest anyone in a position of making decisions in that body. They were clearly tripping off some other appendage(s).
pieces o'nine

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:25 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:
pieces o'nine wrote:Surely you're not implying that churchianity created all *its* concepts and terminology from thin air? :lol:

Don't be silly.

Don't be silly, yerself.

We all know that tits do not interest anyone in a position of making decisions in that body. They were clearly tripping off some other appendage(s).

But I don't want to consider a mental priest on hallucinogenic fungi tripping off his penis :shocked:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:34 pm

IN-con-CEIV-able! :haha:
pieces o'nine

Postby PastorDeGranoDuro on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:47 am

pieces o'nine wrote:

Naaaaah, not at all! As we all know, it was intense research and sustained, sensible debate that led to their concepts and terminology :lol:
PastorDeGranoDuro
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Previous

Return to All Things FSM