Creationist Scientists visit Gympie State High School

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Creationist Scientists visit Gympie State High School

Postby PastorDeGranoDuro on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Aye me mateys!

It comes as a great sadness to me to inform everyone that the Xtn zealots infecting science are at it again with the apparent support of Queensland's and Australia's education systems.

Last week, a creationist scientist was invited to GSHS by the school chaplain, where I have two children attending school. I have of course responded as every good Pastafarian should, and opposed this move.

Here is the link to the local newspaper's article on the net, which was printed in the paper on the 16th August.

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/story/201 ... addcomment

I urge all fellow Pastafarians who wish to place their objection, please do so, especially those in Australia. I have commented under the pseudonym 'boxjellyfish'.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to the paper, which was printed today (Sat 20 Aug)

'I thank Val Mackay for her letter on the high school allowing a lecture about creationist science to the students. I agree with Val when she says that our young ones should be given the freedom and dignity to hear all available evidence.

As a Pastafarian, therefore, I propose that GSHS invite our Prophet, Bobby Henderson to give a lecture on how the Flying Spaghetti Monster (PBUH) created the world with His Appendages 4000 years ago. This can be accompanied with the irrefutable evidence that His Noodlyness, whose Appendages contain many kilojoules of complex carbohydrates, tampers with scientific evidence, the evil seed of the Darwinists. This alters the chemistry of things to give lie to carbon dating, making us think that the world is much older than it really is.

If the school cannot meet this request then I can only ask that the school, which I have two children in attendance, stick to the evil, but unfortunately necessary path of teaching science as irrefutable evidence based on hypothesis, theory and proof. Also, that the chaplain remains focused on providing support services to students. It might also be a good idea for students to request copies of The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster be made available in the library to give further freedom of option. After all, I'm sure students will find the texts of other major religions available.

In the meantime, the truth can be found at www.venganza.org. May Sauce Be With You All!

Ramen
Wayne Wilson'

And...yeah, May Sauce Be With Us All!
PastorDeGranoDuro
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: Creationist Scientists visit Gympie State High School

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:17 am

Good man! We had an RMPS (Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies) teacher at my son's school, who invited "The Bible Machine" (a 40' truck full of brainwashing materials) to the school every year, and told the students that what they learned in the science class was "only theories", and that they could choose to believe what she told them as an alternative.

Fortunately, the kids saw through her in about 10 seconds, complained to the Head and their parents; and the teacher has now 'moved on'. It was through that experience that I discovered about ID and the FSM in the first place, so it is not all bad.

Keep up the good work! If you need any ideas or input for your campaign, we're here to help.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby DavidH on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:01 am

Well done, PastorDeGranoDuro, keep up the good work. It's scary to think of this stuff spreading in Australia.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby skyweir on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 am

PDHG- I'm outside Toowoomba; but should you wish to mount a piratical raid, let me know, & I'll see if it fits my work roster. I'd thought that Rick Perry was at least safely overseas, but apparently the infection spreads via the invisible threads of idiocy. I commend your work, and will offer the swashbuckling support within my command.
Vasco Pyjama asked Mr Curly: What is worth doing and what is worth having? Mr Curly replied: It is worth doing nothing and having a rest.
-- The Curly-Pyjama Letters
skyweir
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby skyweir on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 am

Sorry, PDGD- damm beer volcanoes. Still, let me know, I'll be sober termorrow.
Vasco Pyjama asked Mr Curly: What is worth doing and what is worth having? Mr Curly replied: It is worth doing nothing and having a rest.
skyweir
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby PastorDeGranoDuro on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:41 am

Thanks for the support everybody! I won't know what the results of my letter will be as the responses, if there are any, will not be released till tomorrow's copy is available. I will be paying particular attention to how the school responds. If there is no response from them then I will write a letter to them, asking if it will occur again. Several parents have already lodged a complaint with the Education Department so I decided to take this tack instead.

Hahahaha Skyweir given you're in Toowoomba you would know exactly where I am coming from. In respect to wowserish and prudish types of people, you can draw many similarites between Toowoomba and Gumpie, but I have a feeling you might know that. I'd be keen on us plunderin' the Wilsonton together!

Aye me mateys!! Shall keep yer posted!
PastorDeGranoDuro

Postby skyweir on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Aye Pastor, there are minds narrow as a hawser rope and necks red as a wench's lips a'plenty up here, too. Best o' luck, and if you're docking at the Wilsonton sometime, run me up a flag.
skyweir
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby PastorDeGranoDuro on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:57 am

Aye me matey, t' be sure!

I will have res school at USQ sometime in the next year so I know I'll be up there at least then. It is likely I will pass through a few times as well, as some of my work will be out at the gas fields and I will pass through on the way to and fro.

*raises tankard..... 't me matey Skyweir, be drinkin' soon! Ramen!
PastorDeGranoDuro

Postby Ravi Oli on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 am

I have the answer... put something together like the Maroochydore High answering machine message, only with a Creationist bent, and let it go viral on Youtoobe.

If you have called to complain about us putting the fear of God up your child press 666 and rot in HELL SINNER!!
If you have called to enquire about our new school lunch programme, Chappy will be feeding the multitude. Press 2 for fish and a loaf of bread.
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Return to All Things FSM