What happens when people actually start believing in FSM?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What happens when people actually start believing in FSM

Postby Ham Nox on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:22 pm

black bart wrote:3.Can you look after Nef Yoo for a few months?

Sneaky trick thar, BB. But yer not gettin out o' nef yoo sittin that easy! :whip:
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby skyweir on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm considering a Pirate Fish tattoo. Would that mean that technically I'd always be wearing an eyepatch, and could freely discuss my religion (pursuant to "I'd really rather you didn'ts" 1, 2 and 7, of course)?
Vasco Pyjama asked Mr Curly: What is worth doing and what is worth having? Mr Curly replied: It is worth doing nothing and having a rest.
-- The Curly-Pyjama Letters
skyweir
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Cap'n Tedward on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:33 pm

skyweir wrote:(pursuant to "I'd really rather you didn'ts" 1, 2 and 7, of course)?

Where would this be listed?
@-->----
Cap'n Tedward
Pirates of the Red Swan
Cap'n Tedward
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:03 pm

They're from the Gospel, but they're also floating around the internet. I even found them on urban dictionary of all places.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby skyweir on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Thank you Qwerty! I found them in the expanded info on the facebook page of the CotFSM Toowoomba Parish. They are a code I can live by (well try to, anyway).I need to get the Gospel.
Vasco Pyjama asked Mr Curly: What is worth doing and what is worth having? Mr Curly replied: It is worth doing nothing and having a rest.
-- The Curly-Pyjama Letters
skyweir
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby oldrndirt on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

black bart wrote:
oldrndirt wrote:I did not know we were given a patch a birth even so shouldn't I be able to see it,or was this a false vision, my experience with the Mormon church showed me that is a real concern, I have changed eyes with my new one to no avail, am I the only one given a new patch :nefyoobash:

I have some questions:

1.Is it a leather patch or a plastic one?

2.Were you also given a wooden leg and a hook?

3.Can you look after Nef Yoo for a few months?

1. I am not sure I can't see it

2. No

3. Is he houser
broken
oldrndirt
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 pm

oldrndirt wrote:3. Is he houser
broken

Well, he's broken a few houses, but I don't think that's quite what you mean...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Daishin on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:43 am

Personally? I think the world will become a better place and all of mankind will be able to live with His Noodliness on the firmament and partake in the beer volcano and stripper factory. May you be touched by His noodly appendage my friend.
Daishin
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:07 am

For one thing, there'd be a rather large number of pirates walking around going "Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!", so that can only be a good thing. The beer and the factory don't figure in my workings out. Honestly...:haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby FlyMario on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Every since I started believing in the FSM, i have noticed my chest hair has grown more.
FlyMario
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:18 pm

FlyMario wrote:Every since I started believing in the FSM, i have noticed my chest hair has grown more.
Is it curly, and... noodle-like? :worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby hobomatic on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:15 am

I don't think belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and understanding of underlying principles are distinguishable. If you feel an irrational urge to denounce His obvious existence, then you probably do not fit into either category. Of course it seems to be well understood that he doesn't exist in a natural manner anyhow, just like this message board is neither contained in a bottle of fetid sea water like a natural message would be, nor is it made of wood.
The question of whether or not computers can think is about as interesting as the question of whether or not submarines can swim- E.W. Dijkstra
hobomatic
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Trampledbygeese on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:33 pm

trellis wrote:A thought just occurred to me. What would happen if someone came to this site, and thought "that looks good" and actually starts genuinely believing in all of this?
If people can believe in any other religion, then it's not too much of a leap of faith to think people could actually believe in the Spaghetti Monster is it?

Personal opinion:

I think you don't have to believe in a specific divine entity in order to join a community and follow (what we are told is) His will. I'm confident there are plenty of historical examples to back me up on this theory, but like gravity, it is just a theory. In my own life, I still celibate Christmas feast without believing in the Green Man or Santa, or whomever it is we are suppose to honour. I'm looking forward to celebrating Holiday this winter - but I don't know where to find a pirate hat and eye patch. Any excuse for honouring tradition with a feast day is good enough for me.

A dream came to me last night. It was about a Wholewheat Pastafarian Commune.

It was a bunch of people living on a farm, honouring the FSM by growing the food that feeds the people of the world. Alot of the things on the farm were home made, like the beer and hard cider, but also there was a great feeling of cooperation and good will. Knowing that we were working with the environment to grow food, instead of punishing the planet with chemicals.

The hope is that by cleaning up the environment, it might encourage more pirates to be born into the the world, who in tern would reverse climate change.

Remembering this was a dream I had...

Being psudo-hippies, we honoured Fridays by making pasta (from scratch) and by not engaging in economic activities like buying and or selling. This was sort of by way of protest against all the current political and economic woes of the world.

Basically, in my dream, we honoured the FSM by growing healthy food in an environmentally sound fashion and made pasta and beer.

The point is, that in this dream, we didn't necessarily believe in the FSM to live a good life following His will.
Trampledbygeese
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rev.Vermicelli on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:06 am

This seems like a probable theme for a sci-fi movie/novel....

Earth 2030 AD.
After the nuclear annihilation of 99% of earth's population,
a few amnesic republicans found a book that,
revealed the secrets of the universe and the purpose of their lives.

The Loose Canon
(...A Pirate's Revelation...)

What will become of them ???

(fade-away trailer-titles background sound) : CC'AAAARRRRRRRRBBSS
Rev.Vermicelli
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cap'n Tedward on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:33 am

I'm looking forward to celebrating Holiday this winter - but I don't know where to find a pirate hat and eye patch.

I got mine here: http://www.captjackspiratehats.com/
@-->----
Cap'n Tedward
Pirates of the Red Swan
Cap'n Tedward
Cannelloni Cannoneer

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM