Low Carb Diet

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Low Carb Diet

Postby dryphtyr on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:06 pm

I searched unsuccessfully for info on this subject. I am a pastafarian of some extra girth. I've had some success by cutting out most carbs in my diet. Do you guys think He would be understanding of this? I only do this to improve my health so that I may spread His Word to the non-believers for a long time, as my health was failing before losing all this weight. I can still eat meatballs & marinara, as they have very few carbs. I would hate to be labeled a heretic, but my health is very important to me. Perhaps if I made a monthly pilgrimage to the Garden of Olive, it would satiate His Noodly Wrath. Suggestions?
dryphtyr
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Low Carb Diet

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:44 pm

As one of the basic tenets of Pastafarianism is lax moral standards, I don't suppose His Noodliness will mind too much about any diet.

CF

P.S. From a science geek's view, I would suggest caution about the adoption of a low carb diet. Quackwatch on low carb diets.
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby dryphtyr on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:08 pm

That makes me feel better. I try & keep the lowest moral standards I legally can.

As to your PS, I understand the potential pitfalls of the regime & I appreciate the concern. I am very well researched on the subject & I'm doing it safely & closely monitored by my doctor. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone doing it blindly.
dryphtyr
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:02 pm

I've said it before, I'll say it again:
PKMKII wrote:Image
Problem solved

dryphtyr wrote:Perhaps if I made a monthly pilgrimage to the Garden of Olive, it would satiate His Noodly Wrath. Suggestions?

Olive Garden is an unholy false idol, up there with Parmesan that comes out of the green plastic can.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:11 am

I very rarely eat pasta. Fortunately I make it up with lots of extra grog. So far the FSM hasn't seen fit to punish me so I assume it's ok :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Return to All Things FSM