The Official Loose Canon Thread (Submissions and Business)

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The Official Loose Canon Thread (Submissions and Business)

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed May 25, 2011 2:37 am

So we at the Third Council of Olive Garden are working on the second edition of our great holy book. This thread is our official headquarters here in the forums, so I've got a list of the submission threads for the major categories below. If you're submission doesn't fit one the those categories or you don't know where it should go, you can just post it to this thread. Also, any business, suggestions, criticisms, thoughts on the Canon can be posted here as well.

And keep in mind, many of the texts of the 1st edition are minicompilations (The Random Number of Not Commandments, Suggestions, Ethical Guidelines for Pirates, Pastalms, The Book of ProvHerbs, The Acts of the Apastals, Revelations 1: The Book of Revealed Crapola) so feel free to add to those specific texts, just be sure to make it clear that's what you're doing.

And here's the link to the 1st edition: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

The Old Pastament - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20389
The New Pastament - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20390
Samudra-dasyu-pravacana - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20391
East Asian Literature - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20392
The Ritual Book - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20393
The Prayer Book - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20403
The Hymnal - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20404

May the FSM bestow some awesome revelations on you and RAmen.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Re: The Official Loose Canon Thread (Submissions and Busines

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed May 25, 2011 10:33 am

We often quote NefYoo 3:16, but we don't seem to actually have a Book of NefYoo. I'm not sure which Pastament it should go in.

Also, since most of it would be pretty much unreadable, what with the babbling and jam smudges and what have you, I'd recommend that perhaps it should be the Book of NefYoo (abridged) and just keep it to 3:16.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 am

lol yeah. the little guy actually wrote a book that we considered putting in the first edition. but i do like the idea of having a whole book consisting of just that one line
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby StJason on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:50 am

Nah. Leave it a 'lost' book. Like certain other holy books where people quote endlessly lines and have no idea where they are from, we can adopt that idea as well.
---
Darwin's Purge, verse 39.

You know the thing that I hate about these .sigblocks? Never have a good idea what to put in them.
StJason
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Location: Sacramento, California, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am

We should still publish the fragment of book that we have. I'd love to be able to open a Loose Canon and point to that verse.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 am

We already have some excerpts and readings in the Canon, so we don't have to write the whole thing, we just have to come up with enough to be "A reading from Chapter 3 of the Book of Nef Yoo" or somesuch.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby gronank on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Do we have any passages about the jolly couscous eating pirates of the Barbary coast around here?
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:00 am

gronank wrote:Do we have any passages about the jolly couscous eating pirates of the Barbary coast around here?

i dont think so good sir, but feel free to write some

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Return to Scripture and Lore