Those Wacky Rulings !

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

What will be the outcome of the Casey Anthony Trial?

1. Guilty
No votes
2. Not Guilty.
50%
3. Mistrial/Other.
50%

Total votes : 4

Those Wacky Rulings !

Postby Rainswept on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 pm

So, O.J. was found innocent of murder, 23 out of 24 jurors realize Blagojevich is a scumbag, and California decides it might be a little overbearing to make it a law to keep kids from buying video games.

With all these 24 hour news channels, trials are the new soap operas people watch daily. Here's our chance to see if we can tell what the writers (judges and juries) are thinking.

So, here's your chance to place your bets: Not on if someone is actually guitly, but if they will be FOUND guilty!

This month's trial du jour is of course Casey Anthony. What do you folks think the ruling will be?
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Re: Those Wacky Rulings !

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:47 am

Never having heard of Casey Anthony, I decided to Google him.

Whereupon I find he's a she. :idiot:

So, after skimming through gossip and dross I resorted to Wikipedia and found some history.

Result of the case? I have absolutely no idea.

So, I suppose I just wasted a post.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Rainswept on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Wow so they have reached a verdict already. 2:15pm est they will read it. So far we have... zero votes lol.

:facewall:
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Have a pity vote. :P I wasn't really following closely enough to make a judgement.

The one comment I will make is echo what my mother has said what bothers her about it. One of the arguments, more or less, is that if it was an accident, she didn't act the way a normal mother should.

Like, what? Since when is there a defined way that mothers should react when their children die in which deviation from that should be suspicion of murder? Also, isn't the mental state or categorization as 'normal' of her or her family in question anyway?

Just focus on the actual evidence, people, not forcing your own ideas of proper maternity down other peoples throats. [/exaggeration].
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby TwistedSister on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:34 pm

She was found not guilty. I didn't follow the case so I can offer no opinion.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Rainswept on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:01 pm

general consensus seems to be that she probably did it, but there was just not enough evidence. This week's been very enlightening, after hearing the Blagojevich jurors saying quote "You really didn't want to find him guilty and you were trying to find him not guilty, and it was just so hard because all the evidence is there," So I think in any case with enough attention on it it becomes harder for the prosecution to convince a jury. On the other hand, in cases like this enough people watched the trial and will think to themselves that there might be "reasonable doubt" that it's more likely she was guilty- which means that Casey Anthony will spend the rest of her life around people who believe she murdered her child, so it's not exactly a clean win. Either way she'll be rich this time next year. Books will be written, attention will be soaked up, and whatever else happens, no one will EVER be brought to justice for Kaley's death.
Rainswept

Postby PKMKII on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Man, I could not care less. I can't stand these sort of media-frenzy trials: she wasn't famous, it doesn't really have any impact on the larger justice system, and it has zero real impact on the average American. It's just about feeding some ugly, primitive lust to cast black-and-white judgment on others.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes