real fast math joke...

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: real fast math joke...

Postby gronank on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 pm

f(x)=1 and g(x)=exp(x) was out walking one day. In the distance they saw a derivation operator, f(x) imediatly became worried and told g(x) that he prefered if they went another way. He said: "if he get's on me, I'll disapear". g(x) was rather comfortable but understood f(x) anxiety and said: "you can go another way but I'll walk this way, I wont disapear". So they parted and as g(x) aproached the derivation operator it sais: "Hi, I'm the derivation operator in respect of y"
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby DavidH on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:33 am

gronank wrote:What has a liberal arts degree in common with the imaginary constant? neither has any real value.

:furious: :nefyoobash: :cry:

There are three kinds of mathematicians: those who can add up, and those who can't. :moon: :lurk:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:15 am

It's not a math joke but it's so bad I thought I'd share it with you all:

Johnny Depp goes grocery shopping.

When he gets home he manages to lose all his vegetables in the grocery cupboard.

He eventually finds the onions in the colander and the potatoes in the measuring jug but he can't find the carrots...

all of sudden Vanessa Paradis pops her head round the corner and says: It's the Pyrex that the carrots be in.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby gronank on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Do you know the difference between a mathematician and a philosopher? A mathematician needs a pen, paper and a trash can for his work. A philosopher can do without the trash can.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 pm

gronank wrote:Do you know the difference between a mathematician and a philosopher? A mathematician needs a pen, paper and a trash can for his work. A philosopher can do without the trash can.

What's wrong with holding on to your discarded ideas for reference? :P
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby black bart on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:57 am

I've got one, I've got one...

Where do you weigh a pi

Ans: Over a Rainbow...Somewhere over a rainbow, weigh a pi...

I'll get my coat.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 pm

ok, that ^ was funny :haha:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:41 pm

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary; and those who don't.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Rainswept on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:09 am

I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary; and those who don't.

There are 11 types of people in the world: those who understand binary; those who don't; and those who think that this joke works when you read it aloud.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby gronank on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:45 am

^I think the third group is a subset of the first
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Rainswept on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:22 am

^ not necessarily. Depends on if you count LtCmdr Data as a person.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby gronank on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 pm

^person perhaps, but not necessarily people
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby PKMKII on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:44 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby gronank on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Why can't you use the latin "Kalium" instead? it makes for much simpler mnemonics. Another silly example is the use of "Tungsten" (which translates into heavy stone, mind you) instead of "Wolfram".
gronank
Lord of Linguini

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes