Have you ever...?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Rainswept on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:09 am

farfalla wrote:
Rainswept wrote:Have you ever asked a woman when she was due, only to learn that she wasn't pregnant, had just been putting on weight?

or have her tell you she is not pregnant - it is a tumor

That was a tv show. Are you saying that really happened to you?
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby farfalla on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Yes, (me young and dumb) it did - in the line in the grocery store At least she was pleasant after I fell over my tongue apologizing. She said it had happened to her several times and the prognosis for her recovery was pretty good. Since then I have never asked another women that question unless I knew first she was pregnant.

(don't know the movie)

farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 pm

*clears throat*

Umm....

Have you ever pierced your own nipple out of boredom?

Have you ever iced down your nipple for an hour with a ziplock bag of frozen pea soup for the purpose of numbing it enough that you can pierce it?

Have you ever done both of the above, but with such an astounding lack of knowledge about body piercing that you used a sterilized safety pin instead of a hollow needle, then put a regular hoop earing through the hole, which then proceeded to get infected so that you had to take it out, leaving you with a pinpoint black soot tattoo from the flame-sterilized safety pin?
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby ken worley on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:53 pm

No, not boredom....I once did, out of spite, during a heated argument with a walmart returns-counter clerk.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Rainswept on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:16 pm

ken worley wrote:No, not boredom....I once did, out of spite, during a heated argument with a walmart returns-counter clerk.

Ah yes. That was the day you and EarthRise met.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Re: Have you ever...?

Postby gronank on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Have you ever been so bored that you decided to resurrect ancient threads on an internet forum?

I guess I have
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Have you ever tasted something out of curiosity, only to think a few seconds later "Actually, that was probably a bad idea? :idiot:

Also, just because I was listening to it earlier, have you ever been out some place, recognising everybody's face, until you realised that there was no one that you knew? I tend to do that one quite a bit :paranoid:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:23 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Have you ever tasted something out of curiosity, only to think a few seconds later "Actually, that was probably a bad idea? :idiot:

No, but one of my friends does this every time we go out. She never learns!

daftbeaker wrote:Also, just because I was listening to it earlier, have you ever been out some place, recognising everybody's face, until you realised that there was no one that you knew? I tend to do that one quite a bit :paranoid:

Quite the reverse, actually. Recognising people I know quite well, if they are out of context or I'm not expecting to see them, can be very difficult. Even spotting my husband in a shopping centre can be difficult if he is sitting down and I'm expecting him to be standing. :idiot:

Have you ever set an alarm as a reminder to do something, and completely forgotten what that something was? :confused:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby black bart on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:42 am

gronank wrote:Have you ever been so bored that you decided to resurrect ancient threads on an internet forum?

I guess I have

Me...no... :guilty:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:14 am

Have you ever been so bored that you posted in a thread about the things you have done because you were so bored?
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 am

DavidH wrote:Have you ever been so bored that you posted in a thread about the things you have done because you were so bored?

That's called Twitter isn't it?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes