Weird Foods

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Weird Foods

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 pm

* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby PKMKII on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:57 pm

I've never read Garrison Keillor. I just live in a community with a lot of Norwegian Americans, and my girlfriend is such.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby black bart on Fri May 06, 2011 7:21 am

Our next door neighbour has given us some pigeon eggs!

Scrambled?

Boiled?

Omelette?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri May 06, 2011 9:52 am

Hatched?

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun May 08, 2011 1:02 pm

A pair of pigeons have built a nest on the Lynn train platform. I was watching them. The father kept bringing long, stiff sticks (teriyaki beef skewers, etc) and the mother couldn't work them into the nest. There was a big pile of sticks on the floor under the nest.

They're finally sorted it out, anyway. The pile is gone. I don't know if they cleaned up themselves to avoid detection by predators or something, or if the maintenance people swept them up. Probably the latter.

I'm surprised they let the pigeons stay there though.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby PKMKII on Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Previous

Return to Food