Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Cool stuff found on the Interwebs

Postby DavidH on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:58 am

^ I never thought about it. I should have, mind you. It seems there's no harm done, according to Spybot and Malwarebytes and AVG. Phew!
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm

^I'd just like to point out that the Romanians have stolen your avatar!

Or is it just me who can't see it?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:52 pm

^ I can't see it either.

SO… I believe the options are:

it has vanished
    it has been stolen
    he has replaced it with something that looks like a missing avatar
    we both have a bizarre eye/brain disorder that prevents us seeing that single avatar but leaves the rest intact
:confused:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Julius Aurora on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Or maybe it left him. Avatars can be picky sometimes.
1. The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him a ride.
- Henry Mencken

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
Julius Aurora
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby DavidH on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 am

Weird! I put up a special easter avatar. I could see it, so what was going on there? There's been some funny goings-on with avatars here - Bart's disappeared last May, as I recall.
Oh, well, back to Mr Pontipine.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby PKMKII on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:50 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII on Sun May 01, 2011 1:00 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun May 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Oh Hell, Led Zep aren't alone in that: Belle and Sebastian were sued by Cliff Richard over 'Wrapped up in books'/''Out in the country'; Oasis were sued by Neil Innes over 'Whatever'/'How sweet to be an idiot'; Paul Simon gave himself a writing credit for the traditional song Scarborough Fair (which he learned from Billy Connolly, btw); and apparently Mussorgsky never saw a penny from Ravel's orchestration of 'Pictures at an exhibition'. I don't know if Emerson, Lake and Palmer paid anyone for Pictures at an Exhibition, and if so who.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Sun May 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Emerson Lake and Palmer? I thought I was a bit retro with The Alan Parsons Project...sheeesh!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Sun May 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Then there was the Nirvana rip-off of Killing Joke (think that one got settled out of court).

PKMKII

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun May 01, 2011 4:33 pm

With the money that Neil Innes got from Oasis, he made The Rutles album 'Archaeology', which included a pretty direct f**k-you to Noel Gallacher called 'Shangri-La'. The strings in the intro say it all...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PKMKII on Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 pm

PKMKII

Postby black bart on Thu May 26, 2011 11:51 am

^It must have taken that Woodpecker Years to put that many Acorns in there...maybe it was a Flying Squirrel.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 pm

:stupid: Are they sure it was a woodpecker? I thought that woodpeckers are insectivores. :confused:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby TwistedSister on Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote::stupid: Are they sure it was a woodpecker? I thought that woodpeckers are insectivores. :confused:

They normally are Tig, but I've seen woodpeckers at my feeder eating sunflower seeds.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes