Pastafarians for Reason

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pastafarians for Reason

Postby Edd on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:54 am

Ubi Dubius wrote:
Ubi Dubium wrote:OK, I've emailed Prophet Bobby, and requested he post the meeting place. We'll see if he does. It would be really cool to have a really big crowd of pirates there.

And remember - signs have TWO sides, so you can get double the great slogans on view.

Six, if the sign board is thick enough.

But only five are really viable (unless you hold it up verrry high).
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 pm

You could rotate it periodically, or when necessary to orient messages relevant to a given situation on the front.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 am

Or you could get a Rubik's Cube protest sign. 53 different messages :bounce:
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Ubi Dubium on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 am

I got Bobby to post the meeting place on the main page. I hope we get some more people joining us from that.
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm not terribly worried. I have a feeling all the Pirates will gravitate towards each other anyhow.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ubi Dubius on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Qwerty - we don't gravitate: we intelligently fall.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:22 pm

So as I'm preparing last minute everything I need to pack, I've decided to bring in some extra pirate accessories to either enhance our own regalia, or to make some on the fly converts. I've got a few eyepatches, some plastic gold hoop earrings, and quite a few bandanas. I'll also have my Gospel and Canon.

It occurred to me, do we want any pamphlets? Even if we don't want to print out enough to pass out to everyone we see, they can be helpful to guide one in how to explain the religion. Though I'm sure we're all practiced at going without it. Just thoughts I'm having and mentioning since I'm not capable of printing out or transporting any pamphlets at this point. :P

I'm super pumped. I've been packing and listening to my pirate playlist for the past hour or so, I really need to get some food. XD
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Best of luck meeting up, Pasta People!

I am ridiculously jealous that you are all going to this.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Ubi Dubium on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Qwerty, pamphlets are a great idea! I also have my copy of the Gospel and the Canon. Don't forget a camera. The Post this morning has the Pre-Pre-Show starting up around 10, the opening band (The Roots) at 12, and everthing really getting going at 1:00.

That's from the Park Service application, so there may have been some schedule changes. But it also said the Benediction is by Don Novello, who (as those of us who are old enough will remember) is Father Guido Sarducci !!! It also mentions a performance by Sheryl Crow. This is gearing up for some serious awesome.
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Do we want to try to meet earlier than 10, then? I have to go vote at the gov't center in Fairfax at 9. Assuming that doesn't take over an hour, I should be able to be there by or before 10am.

I'm probably going to bring a big black bag after all. I'd use a badass duffle bag if I could get my hands on one, but my Kipling bag may have to do. I should be able to carry my banner in it, though I won't be able to get anything to hang it on beforehand, most likely. But I'll at least have that, the canon, the gospel, extra pirate accoutrements, etc
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ubi Dubius on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 pm

We'll try to meet up at 10 am, but at least some of us will need to stay near the meeting point until at least 11.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Edd on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Best of luck meeting up, Pasta People!

I am ridiculously jealous that you are all going to this.

Ditto!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby PKMKII on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:15 pm

FYI, the HuffPo buses aren't scheduled to arrive at RFK until 11 am. So you probably won't end up seeing me until around a quarter after 11.
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Wow! What a day! More details later. We did find a young man from Long Island who is a lurker here. We saw Qwerty, but couldn't talk to him. He was on a train and we were in the station. We never found PKMKII. It took 3 hours to get there (usually 1 hour by subway). We also met Hemant Mehta and Richard Wade from the Friendly Atheist. We'll try to post pictures and more later.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes, it was a spectacularly awesome day in none of the intended ways. We didn't leave nearly early enough, like everyone else, and as such I didn't even get onto the mall until 1:30. I was able to catch the very end and meet up with friends, so that was good, but I didn't see the Ubis until I was on the train at the very end of the day. No one can say the FSM doesn't have a sense of humor.

And actually, being lost in the crowd and having no idea where to go or who to find, I was starting to stress out. I finally saw a lone pirate flag poking out of the crowd, and decided to work my way towards it. Ran into a good friend from PA that I don't often get chances to see. The FSM works in mysterious ways indeed.

All in all though, lessons learned all around. Leave much earlier for a rally, and if we want there to be a centralized Pastafarian aggregation, we'd need to work on that much farther in advance.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings