Canadian Pastafarians Unite!

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Cholbrow on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:09 am

I'm in Vancouver, my sister, a devote pastafarian, lives in Abbotsford BC.
watch for my hoody near BC place. Oh yea!

oh by the way, the best pasta in Vancouver is at Luxy Bistro (western style anyway)
(Downtown Vancouver and the West End)
1235 Davie St, Vancouver
Cholbrow
Conchigliette Convert

Postby no-beard on Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:58 pm

whoopeee... we got another, we got another, we got another!
Welcome to the fourms!
Temporary signature.
Something better coming sometime after right now. When I find time. Or I stop wasting my time. Whichever.
no-beard
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Omnieiunium on Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:19 pm

Cholbrow wrote:I'm in Vancouver, my sister, a devote pastafarian, lives in Abbotsford BC.
watch for my hoody near BC place. Oh yea!

oh by the way, the best pasta in Vancouver is at Luxy Bistro (western style anyway)
(Downtown Vancouver and the West End)
1235 Davie St, Vancouver

I was just downtown at the VPL. Hmm... Dropkick Murphies are great by the way. Any of you heard of Great Big Sea?
Omnieiunium
-Original Forum Admin
-Long-time Pastafarian
-Former-Administration Dude with Auntie DD
-Taking a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation that may never end
Omnieiunium
Site Admin<br>Controls your forum life

Postby no-beard on Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:04 pm

Omnieiunium wrote: I was just downtown at the VPL. Hmm... Dropkick Murphies are great by the way. Any of you heard of Great Big Sea?

Yes, Great Big Sea are awsome. Have you heard the Paperboys? They're playing in vancouver on the 10th and 11th if yer interested. Check em out.
Temporary signature.
Something better coming sometime after right now. When I find time. Or I stop wasting my time. Whichever.
no-beard
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby sirstargazer on Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:53 pm

I am in VancouverImage
ImageImage
“Not tonight said the ephemeraâ€￾
sirstargazer
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Omnieiunium on Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:51 am

no-beard wrote:
Omnieiunium wrote: I was just downtown at the VPL. Hmm... Dropkick Murphies are great by the way. Any of you heard of Great Big Sea?

Yes, Great Big Sea are awsome. Have you heard the Paperboys? They're playing in vancouver on the 10th and 11th if yer interested. Check em out.

They are coming here on Feburary the 19th and I am going to get tickets ASAP. Never heard of the paperboys before, what sort of music style are they?
Omnieiunium
-Original Forum Admin
-Long-time Pastafarian
-Former-Administration Dude with Auntie DD
-Taking a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation that may never end
Omnieiunium
Site Admin<br>Controls your forum life

Postby no-beard on Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:46 pm

If you like Great Big Sea you will probably like the Paperboys. The paperboys are the same folkish sortof thing. ye can take a listen at their website.

http://www.paperboys.com/music.htm

If you like what they have on the web site then go pick up an album (i suggest Molinos) and buy a ticket for the show in febuary.
Temporary signature.
no-beard
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Sonic 102.9

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:06 pm

Alberta Pastafarians (and our other Western bretherin)... We need to get Garner Andrews (morning DJ) at Sonic 102.9 in Edmonton behind the Cause for some publicity!

The guy's already started a Pie movement and will pretty much plug whatever's on his mind on the radio. I suggest we send him a press kit, address a letter to him, call him etc, and get the word out there.

We need:

-Press Kit
-Volunteer to call in first (we need ALL of us to call in as this thing progresses to keep up the hype)
-Twisted Rabbit's testimony on his conversion from Pieist to Pastafarian
-Tech support to record Garner's show on a daily basis to get some audio clips for the main site.
-Swag (t-shirt, eyepatch or other pirate gear, stickers, etc - we will need to donate to the cause)

I'll try to get the press kit underway soon at a forum-wide level. Ideas, suggestions, volunteers post here! Let's set an example for the rest of the Church!

http://radiosonic.fm/login.php
http://www.garnerandrews.com/
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Haverkretd on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:18 pm

Manitoba at the moment and for the past seven years, BC is my goal in 2007.
"If a thing is right, it can be done, and if it is wrong, it can be done without." - Jerry Barker, Black Beauty
"Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
Haverkretd
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Haverkretd on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:27 pm

Omnieiunium wrote:Any of you heard of Great Big Sea?

Great Big Sea, hah. They're just a pale reflection of Oysterband from Ireland. They even do some of their songs, I think.

Hm, I wonder if there's a way to infuse oysterism and pastafarianism, hm...
"If a thing is right, it can be done, and if it is wrong, it can be done without." - Jerry Barker, Black Beauty
"Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
Haverkretd
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: Sonic 102.9

Postby no-beard on Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:26 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:The guy's already started a Pie movement and will pretty much plug whatever's on his mind on the radio. I suggest we send him a press kit, address a letter to him, call him etc, and get the word out there.

-Press Kit
-Volunteer to call in first (we need ALL of us to call in as this thing progresses to keep up the hype)
-Twisted Rabbit's testimony on his conversion from Pieist to Pastafarian
-Tech support to record Garner's show on a daily basis to get some audio clips for the main site.
-Swag (t-shirt, eyepatch or other pirate gear, stickers, etc - we will need to donate to the cause)

ok, im in.
AND i will gladly donate my eyepatch. I dont use it because i have glasses and it makes wearing an eyepatch rather awkward. Mabey i will chuck in the hoop earring too who knows... OOO! If i find the time i could make another cutlass!

That pie movement... jeeze pie is not dead... find something better to do. i just had pie for breakfast, (hmmm, its 1 o'clock. ok pie for lunch)hmmm... the pasta movement perhaps??
Temporary signature.
no-beard
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:15 pm

Changed the thread to a general Canadian gatherings place.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Touched by a Noodle on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:59 am

Ya know why I love the Great White North?

Slow steady progress.

I'd prefer fast steady progress but [happily] we don't have the military to make that happen.

I leave it to the pols to do the dirty work of moving us ahead.

I vote, and if they piss me off, they're gone.

I'm always surprised this or that law has passed with hardly any uproar. Some might say we have a lazy democracy. I'd say we have a "wait and see" democracy. This has numerous benefits:

It allows the decisions made by our elected representatives to sink in.

What you thought was a really bad idea sometimes may be a pretty good idea.

I do economics/taxes in Canada for a living. Since the late 1980's we have done amazing things that I'm enormously proud of, and as a side benefit we didn't have to kill any brown people to accomplish it.
Touched by a Noodle
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby miketheguitarist on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:57 pm

I'm from Edmonton, AB.

And that idea about renting the pirate ship at WEM is pure genius. I'm behind you all the way, and I'm pretty sure my dad knows someone who can get us hooked up with that ship for a night, I'll have to check though.
miketheguitarist
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:06 pm

Welcome aboard, Mike... I take it you're the one with the picture in front of the book case on the big world map of Pastafarians (what'sit called...)?
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings