Venganza People Google Map

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Venganza People Google Map

Postby PKMKII on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Edd wrote:
Corax wrote:Regarding the safety factor, if someone wanted to locate anyones house on a map, they can do it regardless of whether there's a thing pointing at it on a map of FSM devotees or not. I don't believe for a second that a religious kook will research on here to find you and exact Bible sanctioned, righteous revenge.

:scientist:
3point14rat Pat

Those sound like famous last words, Corax.

Remember, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Corax has one really good defense, though. If a religious nutter wanted to get to him/her, they'd have to fly into Calgary first. And who the hell wants to go to Calgary?
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Ubi Dubius on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 am

pirate-apocalypse wrote:Added! I'm just south-west of Ubi Dubium and Qwertyuiopasd. :fsm_yarr:

Ah, Harrisonburg. Been there many times.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 am

I wonder if he goes to the university there? That could be very useful indeed...

I suppose I might change mine, or at least put a second pin up when I move down to my own University. Looks like it'll put me maybe an hour away from PG's mum. :wink:
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Corax on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 pm

PKMKII wrote:
Edd wrote:
Corax wrote:Regarding the safety factor, if someone wanted to locate anyones house on a map, they can do it regardless of whether there's a thing pointing at it on a map of FSM devotees or not. I don't believe for a second that a religious kook will research on here to find you and exact Bible sanctioned, righteous revenge.

3point14rat Pat

Corax has one really good defense, though. If a religious nutter wanted to get to him/her, they'd have to fly into Calgary first. And who the hell wants to go to Calgary?

You're assuming there aren't any local nutters willing to do the job. There are, but luckily for me they aren't smart enough to find me on here.

You wonder who'd want to go to Calgary... a nutter doing his duty would. Self flagellation and sitting through long, inane sermons are proof that they'll do most anything.

It's not that they wouldn't like to find me, it's just the path they need to follow to find me is pretty unlikely to be taken. But if someone tracks me down through this, I'll let you all know.
Corax
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Corax on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Edd wrote:

3point14rat Pat

I'll gladly tempt fate if the people bursting into the room are as funny as Monty Python.
Corax

Postby TwistedSister on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Why would anyone want to "track you down?"
I've been on this forum for over a year and I never really paid very much attention to who has mapped where they live. Most of us talk about it freely on the forum. If you are that paranoid, um, maybe you shouldn't be posting on the internet or maybe you should move to a town that has less nuts.
Just a suggestion.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Edd on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 pm

TS, Corax was actually saying that he wasn't worried, I made a Monty Python reference, and it kinda snowballed from there.
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby TwistedSister on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Edd wrote:TS, Corax was actually saying that he wasn't worried, I made a Monty Python reference, and it kinda snowballed from there.

There I go acting all blonde again! :facepalm:
Sorry Corax.
TwistedSister

Postby Uther on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I See's no flag at all in NZ I Claim the entire Land, plus surrounding Seas and Islands in the name of Uther Pendragon.

Auckland is a Seafaring sort of place. A narrow isthmus with Pacific Ocean to the right and Tasman Sea to the left.
We did win and defend the Americas Cup (pinnacle of Yachting endeavour)
World renowned in yachting technology and boat building.

We built a luxury yacht for John Kerry - his tax avoidance on that is topical at the moment.

Auckland WestHaven
Uther
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby TwistedSister on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Them thars alot of boats.
Don't see nary a one wit a Jolly Roger flying though.
TwistedSister

Postby Uther on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:44 pm

How about:

I have been part of the crew on this very boat!(4 or 5 for racing?)
It later went on to be infamous for all girl crew (Male captain/owner a friend of mine) (Hence the sail logo well known around Waitemata (Auckland) harbour.

It's a "Mullet boat" old fishing design. Design retained as a racing class. Very "sociable" ppl in the Mullet Boat class. Known locally as the "Bikies of the seas" Tend to do holiday cruises as a pack and always ready to drop anchor in a harbour with a tavern!! Most of the ships rules involve bringing beer on board and NEVER taking full cans ashore. :lol:
Uther
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby TwistedSister on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 pm

[sigh] Looks wonderful. I've got my own "cans" if you know what I mean and they always stay full. :lol:
TwistedSister

Postby Uther on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 pm

TwistedSister wrote:[sigh] Looks wonderful. I've got my own "cans" if you know what I mean and they always stay full. :lol:

I think that would be EXACTLY the qualification needed to become a crew member back in the day.
(Shame I don't have photos)

Boat sold now, I believe it's still in use, but away from Auckland.
Uther
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Corax on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:15 am

TwistedSister wrote:
Edd wrote:TS, Corax was actually saying that he wasn't worried, I made a Monty Python reference, and it kinda snowballed from there.

There I go acting all blonde again! :facepalm:
Sorry Corax.

No sweat.

It gets kinda mixed-up back there. I was, like Edd said, not worried in the least that someone would track me down using my pointer placement. Hence the invitation to drop my for a coffee, some junk food and a visit. (I don't expect my invitation to be taken up any more than I expect to be tracked down, but I think it would be cool if it happened.)
Corax

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:08 am

Updated my location. As I'll be here in Newport News for the next few months and then more months after that, I figured I should put it on the map.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion