Artwork for the Loose Canon

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Artwork for the Loose Canon

Postby Ham Nox on Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 am

Wait... this is actually happening? :blinkblink: For reals this time?
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat May 08, 2010 12:04 am

I'm willing to take a look at the cover file (under my professional title of Graphic Designer) once it is approved. If I can get all the build files, I'll make sure it is high res, vector graphics, etc. as much as possible so as to provide the highest quality print.

(No offense intended, Tig. Just want to give that extra oomph to the finished product that's in the hands of the potential convert. Hope you don't mind.)
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sat May 08, 2010 12:10 am

Ham Nox wrote:Wait... this is actually happening? :blinkblink: For reals this time?

Yes ma'am, we've got it all put together. All we gotta do is check it over and make sure it's good to go and she's ready for distribution. Hurray

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:I'm willing to take a look at the cover file (under my professional title of Graphic Designer) once it is approved. If I can get all the build files, I'll make sure it is high res, vector graphics, etc. as much as possible so as to provide the highest quality print.

(No offense intended, Tig. Just want to give that extra oomph to the finished product that's in the hands of the potential convert. Hope you don't mind.)

To be honest, I have no idea what any of that means
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat May 08, 2010 12:24 am

In layman's terms, it means that I would be happy to take look at the digital file that Tig has created, and all the bits and pieces used to make it. Then, I'll use my skills as a professional graphic designer to fix anything that might affect the quality of the final print.

Basically, I'll take the final layout/design of the book cover and I'll make sure that it looks as good in print as it does on a computer screen.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat May 08, 2010 2:13 pm

And perhaps make it bigger? I think it's being expanded to fit the cover page, and we're losing some clarity from that. Maybe Tig can do that too, though.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ham Nox on Sat May 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I think it's being expanded to fit the cover page, and we're losing some clarity from that.

Putting it in vector will fix that problem too. Don't worry, RRR knows what he's doing :wink:
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat May 08, 2010 8:14 pm

I really wish i'd joined this forum several months earlier. I would have loved to contribute something to it. If you ever do anything else, i'd love to help in any way I can.
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sat May 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Roland Deschain wrote:I really wish i'd joined this forum several months earlier. I would have loved to contribute something to it. If you ever do anything else, i'd love to help in any way I can.

Hey roland, we still are taking late submissions, just try to get it to us by maybe next weekend
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat May 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Roland Deschain wrote:I really wish i'd joined this forum several months earlier. I would have loved to contribute something to it. If you ever do anything else, i'd love to help in any way I can.

Keep in mind the third announcement regarding canonical belief; this is just a first edition. I don't know exactly when we might release a second edition, we aren't quite that Promethean, but probably whenever we... unearth enough new scripture to warrant a re-release, we will.

Basically, if you write it or draw it and up it in the forum, we can put it in the Loose Canon at some point. :smile:

But yes, we'll still accept submissions up until the time we give the final A-Okay!
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby MonkeysInACan on Fri May 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Platypus Enthusiast wrote:
Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:I'm willing to take a look at the cover file (under my professional title of Graphic Designer) once it is approved. If I can get all the build files, I'll make sure it is high res, vector graphics, etc. as much as possible so as to provide the highest quality print.

To be honest, I have no idea what any of that means

Its ok I do lol.

@ Rev Rowan I can send you my original Illustrator file via email so you can make sure its nice and shiny. While I'm a student Graphic Designer I'm going to trust you know more about what you're doing than I do. Also not having Illustrator on my home computer makes it even harder) Just PM me the email address where I should send it.
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue May 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Yeah Rev, if you wanna do your thing go for it. We'll take any help we can get to make this thing as glorious as possible. It's gotta be ready be June 1 so if you could jazz it up by like the 25th, 26th that would be cool. I dunno if that's enough time though... :shrug:
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby MonkeysInACan on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks to Reverend Rowan we have our completed cover!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22620144@N ... 5/sizes/l/
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:15 pm

He blinded me with photoshopped pasta! :fsm_rock:
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby DaveL on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:47 pm

YArrrrrr...

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 am

Many thanks to all who contributed to the cover design. Pasta be upon you.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations