PlayBilge Magazine and Centrefolds

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby iamnotanoctopus on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:05 pm

Oi'd be most 'appy ta offer me services as a cover wench... yarr, the high seas be thick with testosterone. Me thinks ye'll be needing a lady pirate in the mix, ta offer some classy advice fer the boys, and maybe flash a bit o' pegleg.
"I will not rest until every year families gather to spend December 25th together at Osama's homo-abortion-pot-and-commie-jizzporium."

-Jon Stewart
iamnotanoctopus
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:24 pm

loik do's and don'ts fer takin' yer favorite wench out pillagin' and other stuff like that, right ima?

oi'd probably do a lil' better in tha interview'n department, but oi could do some field work as well.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby DaveL on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:56 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:do ye be plannin' te actualy publish this? or merely have articles in tha thread?

oi'd buy (or at least sign up) fer a subscription.

oi moight be able te wright an article or two...

Arrr...

Guys,

Yes of course you can! Just make it a parody of men mags, piratey style.
Funny photos, boys toys, Paris Hilton with an eye patch pic, whatever you like. I'll try and add some words if your stuck.

I'm trying to get it going, so if you are good at Photoshop (hint Ushnor)or writing funny stuff, PM me. I'll make you a regular PlayBilge contributor.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:58 pm

iamnotanoctopus wrote:Oi'd be most 'appy ta offer me services as a cover wench... yarr, the high seas be thick with testosterone. Me thinks ye'll be needing a lady pirate in the mix, ta offer some classy advice fer the boys, and maybe flash a bit o' pegleg.

Yer contributions will be more than welcome. Best PM me with yer thoughts. A lady pirate's insight be a most useful thing for the lads.

Ed
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL on Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:28 pm

Yarrr....

Roight authors,

Here are some ideas for Playbilge contributions:

1. A comparitive test of pirate and modern weapons

2. Anything about picking up wenches, wench issues

3. Pirate personal grooming

4. Pirate health issues - pirate style eg scurvy

5. Parrot handling tips

6. A review of a pirate ship car mag style - see the post on the Arghh 9000.

7. A pinup and a profile of the pinup eg Name: Molly
etc.

8. Occupational tips - think pirate job hazards

PM me if you would like an assignment.

Regards,

Ed
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:32 pm

DaveL wrote:3. Pirate personal grooming

taken. not to say someone else couldn't do one, but I think it's best if we state what we'll do, so we dont' have EVERYONE doing just one type of article

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby iamnotanoctopus on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:51 pm

2. Anything about picking up wenches, wench issues

Oi don't know much in the way of picking up wenches, seein' as oi be rather partial to the lads... but oi thinks oi could manage a sort o' "Wenches Corner", if ye like... "10 Ways Not To End Up With A Wench's Dagger In Yer Belly," or "Lady Pirates and You; or How'd You End Up With That Glass Eye Again, Matey?"
"I will not rest until every year families gather to spend December 25th together at Osama's homo-abortion-pot-and-commie-jizzporium."

-Jon Stewart
iamnotanoctopus
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:42 am

4. Pirate health issues - pirate style eg scurvy
MINE!
Already sent the first article.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Dont Forget to add Piccies

Postby DaveL on Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:11 am

PlayBilge Contributers,

Don't forget to add images if yer can. Doin' a Google image search can reveal all sorts of weird/wonderful stuff.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:32 am

LibraLabRat

Health and the Modern Pirate, more than just limes and hardtack!

The modern pirate needs to live as closely to his piratical forebears as possible, especially to combat the effects of pirate reduction induced global warming. But, as the pirates of old learned, eating out of a can for months on end can seriously cause some health problems. Here are a list of solutions for the globe circling modern pirate:

Childrens chewable vitamins: Good for adults, and ward off scurvy!
Budweiser BE beer. Has caffeine, guarana and ginseng for those long nights carrousing!
Neosporin: Good for cuts, scrapes, rope burns. NOT good for deep puncture wounds and bullet holes.
Visine: Clean your glass eye daily, and it will last you a life time!
Dried fruit: Good for vitamins, and doesnt take up much space. Also, you can tell your crew that the apricots are human ears......

IF you follow some of these tips, you will be in tip top shape to pillage and plunder well into your twilight years!
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby DaveL on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:55 am

Yarrrr...

That be some foine advice there. Take heed you couch potato X-box playin' swabs.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:58 am

*Oi'll post yer piccie for yer, Ed*

Yarrrr. Even Neil Arrrrrmstrong be followin LibraLabRat's health tips. And he be over the Moon. Harrrr Harrr Harrr!!

Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Grand Pillagin Auto

Postby black bart on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:40 am

DaveL wrote:

Take heed you couch potato X-box playin' swabs.

Wouldn't it be peachy if ye could play 'Grand Theft Auto San Anrdreas' as a pirate. Please, tell me it's possible!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: Grand Pillagin Auto

Postby LibraLabRat on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:43 am

black bart wrote:DaveL wrote:

Take heed you couch potato X-box playin' swabs.

Wouldn't it be peachy if ye could play 'Grand Theft Auto San Anrdreas' as a pirate. Please, tell me it's possible!

Of course ye can! It be full of good piratical skills...and you can dress the guy up in baggy black pants, no shirt and AN EYE PATCH!, HE Can also carry a sword!

Now what could be more piratical than that!! :worship:
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Kinky Afro

Postby black bart on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:56 am

YYYAAARRRR - I'll give that a go - it's got to better than the Blond Afro, Love heart boxer shorts, sandals and socks the lads got on at the moment. :lol:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion