Okay, I admit it! I haven't Seen this movie.

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Okay, I admit it! I haven't Seen this movie.

Postby Rainswept on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 pm

My name is Rain. I have seen neither Scarface nor Gone With the Wind.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Re: Okay, I admit it! I haven't Seen this movie.

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:39 pm

Same.

I also haven't seen Jaws, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, The Usual Suspects or just about any romance film you care to name.

Still, it's not that bad, I met someone recently who hasn't seen the Italian Job :confused:
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby PKMKII on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:46 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Same.

Thirded on Scarface.

I've seen bits and pieces of Goodfellas and The Godfather, but I've never sat through the entirety of each.

I've never seen Fight Club, because I'm afraid if I do I'll turn into one of those obnoxious fanboys that can't shut up about it.
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:59 pm

PKMKII wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:Same.

I've seen bits and pieces of Goodfellas and The Godfather, but I've never sat through the entirety of each.

I've never seen Fight Club, because I'm afraid if I do I'll turn into one of those obnoxious fanboys that can't shut up about it.

The Godfather's another one that I've seen about half of, got distracted and didn't have a clue what was happening. Embarassingly enough, I did that with all three of the films :blush:

Fight Club is definitely worth watching and the book is excellent.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top using just those that I've heard of:
Shawshank Redemption, 12 Angry Men, Casablanca, Psycho, Seven, The Sixth Sense, American Psycho, American Beauty, It's a Wonderful Life, Citizen Kane, Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Lawrence of Arabia, To Kill a Mockingbird, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, LA Confidential, Das Boot, Bridge on the River Kwai, Raging Bull, Up, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Braveheart, Blade Runner, Cool Hand Luke, The Manchurian Candidate, The Deer Hunter, Ben Hur, Trainspotting, Groundhog Day, It, The Princess Bride, The Exorcist, Rocky (any of them), All Quiet on the Western Front, Spartacus,

Films I've seen bits of: Sin City, The Great Escape.

Also, I wish to put the Lord of the Rings in here as I have seen them, didn't care and spent most of the time wanting to go to the toilet.
daftbeaker

Postby PKMKII on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm

daftbeaker wrote:American Psycho

I've tried to watch that, and the problem is, Christian Bale just does such a good job. He plays obnoxious Wall Street douchebag so accurately that it becomes grating to watch.
PKMKII

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Wow. That's a lot of good films not seen there. Out of all mentioned so far, I have not seen:-

Gone with the Wind (Never got round to it)
12 Angry Men (I have no idea what this is about)
Casablanca (Never got round to it)
LA Confidential (Not interested)
Up (Not interested)
Braveheart (Not interested)
The Princess Bride (Not interested)
All Quiet on the Western Front (I may have watched this years ago. Failing that, it's because I never got round to it)
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Edd on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm a bit of a cinephile but I don't worry if I haven't seen a movie that's been out less than ten years; the ones that have withstood the test of time are higher on my 'to see' list.

That being said, I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies, Apocalypse Now, or Raging Bull.
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:58 am

Ummm, yeah. My name's ET, and I've seen hardly any movies. I've seen Casablanca, and The Wizard of Oz, the first Rocky movie, a few Alfred Hitchcock movies, and the original three Star Wars movies. Maybe a few more. In the last ten yeears I watched Dune and The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. Oh, and the LOTR movies on DVD at my brother's house. That's all of them for that decade.
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:33 am

daftbeaker wrote:http://www.imdb.com/chart/top using just those that I've heard of:
I got to WALL E at 45 before I found a film I haven't seen. I guess I won't be much use in this thread then...
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Rainswept on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am

daftbeaker wrote:Shawshank Redemption.... Casablanca.... LA Confidential, .... Braveheart,... Groundhog Day.... The Princess Bride... Rocky

Dear FSM! Some of my absolute favorite movies of all time. At the very least sit down and watch The Shawshank Redemption. if I were forced to pick an absolute favorite movie, it's that one. As far as Rocky, once you've seen the 1st one, the rest is downhill, but the 1st one really is a great movie.

"It" is not on that list you posted, and I really hope you aren't referring to the TV miniseries based on the Stephen King novel, cause if you are even Tim Curry couldn't move that one into the top 250.

I've also never seen Goodfellas or Raging Bull.
Rainswept

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 am

Rainswept wrote:"It" is not on that list you posted, and I really hope you aren't referring to the TV miniseries based on the Stephen King novel, cause if you are even Tim Curry couldn't move that one into the top 250.

Yeah, while I was writing that other films kept popping into my head and I couldn't be bothered switching to a new paragraph. I was sure there was a film of It, might just be me getting confused.

I don't think The Sixth Sense was on the list either.
daftbeaker

Postby PKMKII on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:27 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Yeah, while I was writing that other films kept popping into my head and I couldn't be bothered switching to a new paragraph. I was sure there was a film of It, might just be me getting confused.

It was a mini-series, but a lot of TV channels will play the thing straight through as if it were a movie. So that might have created the confusion.
PKMKII

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Beep beep, PKMKII. I love that miniseries (IT), as I do all of SK's; they all float down here! :haha: It's not quite as satisfactory as the book, but still good.

I suppose it's all down to personal taste. There are plenty of movies i've not watched due to thinking they would be pants, but many of them take me by surprise, and I end up enjoying them. I have a felling that The Princess Diaries may be one of them, but it sounds too much like a chick flick for me to go out of my way to watch. Citizen Kane was similar until I impulsively bought it on DVD. Now I love it. Maybe it's time for all of us to expand what we watch. Then again, maybe it isn't...
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby TwistedSister on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Roland Deschain wrote:Beep beep, PKMKII. I love that miniseries (IT), as I do all of SK's; they all float down here! :haha: It's not quite as satisfactory as the book, but still good.

:stupid:
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Rainswept on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:20 am

Roland Deschain wrote:Beep beep, PKMKII. I love that miniseries (IT), as I do all of SK's; they all float down here! :haha: It's not quite as satisfactory as the book, but still good.

Ya, I mean the book did include nice little touches like a group of 5th graders running a train on the one female member of the group, and that was left out of the made-for-tv version for some reason.... :barf: :barf: :barf:

I take it by your name you're a big Stephen King fan, and if you'll notice he wrote the book of my favorite movie as well... but I think the guy has far more misses than hits, and the discrepancy of quality between his best stuff and his worst is as big as the unabridged version of The Stand. I remember sitting down to read Eyes of the Dragon, and by the time I finished an entire freaking chapter describing a room full of napkins, I was seriously considering reassessing my stand against book-burning.
Rainswept

Next

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors