FSM Website Ideas

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM Website Ideas

Postby Edd on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 am

If you haven't been to the main venganza page recently, Bobby is offering to host FSM related sites for free. I'm very excited about this and was wondering if anyone would care to join me in creating a site. Let's brainstorm some ideas here.

(As some of you may know, I've launched my own site at http://eddstavern.com/ that is specifically and intentionally non-FSM related to avoid any possibility of implying endorsement by Bobby or the CoFSM.)
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Re: FSM Website Ideas

Postby bacon on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:31 am

I embarrassingly haven't been to your blog in awhile, Edd. My apologies.

I'm more than happy to help our with a website or blog. I'm a bit tapped for ideas right now, but whatever you need me to do, I will do.
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 am

bacon wrote:I'm a bit tapped for ideas right now, but whatever you need me to do, I will do.

Stripper factory preview? With meatball sauce?

Sorry :blush:
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby bacon on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:38 am

daftbeaker wrote:
bacon wrote:I'm a bit tapped for ideas right now, but whatever you need me to do, I will do.

Stripper factory preview? With meatball sauce?

Sorry :blush:

:moon: :moon: :moon:
bacon

Postby Edd on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am

bacon wrote:I embarrassingly haven't been to your blog in awhile, Edd. My apologies.

No worries, bacon. I'm embarrassed by my lack of updates.

How about an online FSM magazine? It would be non-profit, of course, and we could use portions of it to make another Loose Cannon when we have enough material.
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby bacon on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 am

Edd wrote:How about an online FSM magazine? It would be non-profit, of course, and we could use portions of it to make another Loose Cannon when we have enough material.

Sounds like fun!
bacon

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am

How about an official site for the Loose Canon? It can start out simply having the text, and downloads, but we can add artistic depictions of scenes, and theological essays on particular books, that sort of thing. Significant Quotes page, perhaps.

Assuming my plans go through and I begin the network of Virginian Pastafarian college chapters, I'll probably want a site for that, with subsections for each individual chapter to use, as well as just disseminating information around, advertising events, etc.

I've no experience starting up a website, however, so if anyone would be willing to lend a hand, that'd be sweet. Of course, I won't want the website until fall at the earliest, so we may already have practice setting up these websites.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Edd on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:17 pm

I've been working with wordpress (which Bobby also uses for the main site) for a couple of years now (even getting paid for some work!). It's extremely versatile, user-friendly, and open source.

We can definitely do an FSM diploma mill website. I'll continue this thought in the 'proper salutation' thread where it originated.
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby m610 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

The web site idea sounds great. I think it would be begging for a University of Pastafarian site, per the diploma idea. Pics of the campus, night life, course listing, the only intercollegiate sports team with a pirate ship (a stepping stone for those who want to go pro after college), etc.

The magazine too. (Look out Onion, here we come!) Interpretation and commentary on current events in Texas and Michigan, movie reviews (i.e. ThunderfOOt), poetry, stripper-of-the-month (featuring real strippers, of course, with pics, bio, etc. Do your own research!), pick a recent hate mail and do it justice (not just a flame, but a polite rebuttal that shreds the post), Sarah Palin = proof that evolution does not select for the fittest, but rather the fit enough to make it to breeding age.

And so on.
m610
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Ham Nox on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Oh yes, there definitely needs to be a pastafarian magazine and a Loose Canon headquarters..

I think that there should also be a Map/Calendar that allows people to post locations and events of a Noodley nature. You know, a good way to organize ourselves geographically and keep up with local happenings.

And a pastafarian dating site. The subject keeps on popping up on facebook, so it's only a matter of time before someone does it--it might as well be done right!
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Playbilge.com

That is all.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Edd on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Ham Nox wrote:And a pastafarian dating site. The subject keeps on popping up on facebook, so it's only a matter of time before someone does it--it might as well be done right!

A couple of people have asked me to help them set up sites like these and, unfortunately, I haven't found a way to do it easily, securely, and inexpensively.
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Edd on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Good news, no, great news, everybody! Bobby has set me up with a site on his server!

I'm hoping to officially launch it tomorrow but I'll need a lot of help from you guys to really flesh it out. The site will be an internet hub for Pastafarian sub-sites spawned by us. I'll be contacting Platypus Enthusiast shortly to see about incorporating a site for The Loose Canon and I've already set up a section for an online magazine. Check it out at fsm-consortium.com, but I'm warning you, it's pretty sparse right now.

If you're interested in joining The FSM Consortium, send me a PM.
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Wow! Great news, Edd! :jack:

On the other hand - more sites that I won't get enough time to read? :confused: :cry:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Edd on Sat May 01, 2010 1:29 pm

After much procrastination, I'm happy to finally announce the official launch of The FSM Consortium!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Return to All Things FSM