need activities for holiday

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: need activities for holiday

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Ham Nox wrote:a force of will game where everyone will sit at the bar, the whole length of the which will be lined with shotglasses filled of the finest, and the first three to consume of the alcohol lose, after which the goal is to drink and collect as many of the glasses as one can. This latter idea can lead to all sorts of interesting arrangements: Everyone might sit around, contemplating the peculiar way the glasses catch the light and pretending not to be affected by its presence, or they could try to tempt each other, or Scott, or they might switch camels and immediately start trying to force the liquid down each others' throats.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
I wish someone had thought of that back when I was in college. That's the most awesome drinking game I've ever heard of. Abuse and gluttony both featured as primary aspects of the game strategy.
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:54 am

Most drinking games are, unfortunately, based upon reflex time slowing down as one drinks more. Not that this is necessarily bad, but it's a bit overdone.

I'd try to take that game, but make it just the first person, and an "inside" game. So you play it, but invite people who don't know how to play, or play it in an area where people will come and join. So you just sit around with your friends and the shot glasses, not drinking anything. Then some newbie comes by and innocently takes a drink, because of course they're welcome to (though not advised, but no one tells them that, do they?), and suddenly everyone is scrambling to drink as much as possible.

On the same thread of inappropriate activities, I realized what game makes the best "strip" version. Of course there's always strip poker, or strip chess, but strip twister would be by far the most entertaining. :lech:
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby black bart on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 am

Yer notty yer ban.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Ham Nox on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 pm

There's a running joke amongst my friends regarding Strip Spoons.

For anyone who's never heard of Spoons, in regular Spoons you have enough spoons for the number of players minus one in the center of a circle. You hold a hand of four cards and pass the remaining cards around the circle one at a time. You can switch any of the cards in your hand for the new card, the goal being to get four of that number/face. The first person who does this grabs a spoon from the center of the circle, usually trying to be sneaky about it, and then everyone else drops their cards and tries to grab a spoon. The person who doesn't get a spoon loses.

Now, for a more interesting game you can move the spoons farther away so people have to get up and race each other. The typical image of Strip Spoons involves the spoons being up a flight of stairs, where all the nekkid boys are bound to trip and fall all over each other :haha:

Would make a wonderful Holiday tradition, in my opinion. An unforgettable one, at the very least.
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Lessee... Oooh! ET could film the "Running of the Cats" for us... aw hell... how much crap can i really give a guy who gives so much to animals in need?

Um.... there's always nekkid musical chairs. Could definately be good for a laugh or two.

on the less naughty side, if there are kids around, how 'bout a nice game of "Pin the meatball on the FSM"?
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:51 am

With an actual meatball, I assume?

Or you could go with noodles. And it would be plural of course, and less a game of skill, so much as a bunch of little kids running to smear pasta on an image of the FSM with only eyestalks and meatballs.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:49 am

Hmmm, some interesting ideas for holiday activities here. On the drinking front, me and a friend play Star Trek drinking games. One we came up with was whilst watching ST:TNG. The Picard Manoeuvre was worth three fingers (of beer), Riker walking out of a room or along a corridor with his head leant to one side was worth two fingers and some others I can't remember. Not played it for many years, so the rules are pretty open to interpretation. You could also play a Star Trek-based drink while you think game. Starting at the letter A, name any character from the ST universe, but you have to be drinking while thinking. I love geeky drinking games. You could also try the same, but naming adjectives instead. Both these games work with pretty much any subject, although you will need a fair amount of knowledge to play effectively, or is that the other way around?
:haha:

This strip Twister you speak of. Sounds interesting...
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby bacon on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 pm

How about an FSM pinata filled with spaghetti and meatballs?
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby TwistedSister on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Filling up balloons with Spaghetti sauce and having a sauce-balloon fight would be more fun. (I think)
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:16 pm

bacon wrote:How about an FSM pinata filled with spaghetti and meatballs?

TwistedSister wrote:Filling up balloons with Spaghetti sauce and having a sauce-balloon fight would be more fun. (I think)

These two in conjunction with Twister would be interesting. :guilty:
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 am

Wearing a handkerchief on my head whilst sunbathing on the beach always works for me:

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 am

How bout a FSM pumpkin carving contest... with beer?

Been there done that worn the T shirt,
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ken worley on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:36 am

black bart wrote:Wearing a handkerchief on my head whilst sunbathing on the beach always works for me:

Handkerchief, my arse.

yer parents (forgiveably)-diapered the wrong end again, din't they?
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes