Pirates in computarrrrgh games

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pirates in computarrrrgh games

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Not onlee that, they would 'ave detachable stomachs! (Fer the onlee food wood be Ye Olde Fish Head Stoo, o' coarse)
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby bacon on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:13 am

has anyone played tropico 2? it's a pirate simulation game - not too bad although not as good as the original tropico.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby black bart on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 am

bacon wrote:has anyone played tropico 2? it's a pirate simulation game - not too bad although not as good as the original tropico.

I've seen that game...but at the time it was a bit expensive. if it came out on the PS3 I'd give it a go.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

bacon wrote:has anyone played tropico 2? it's a pirate simulation game - not too bad although not as good as the original tropico.

I love that game. I bought it on Steam with Tropico 1 when they were on special offer. It's a lot of fun and the double pack is only £9.99 now.

Another game is Sid Meier's Pirates. I have the most recent version and it is good. It all takes place around the Caribbean. You start out affiliated to a particular nation and go from port to port raiding or trading as you see fit, or just attack other ships on the high seas. There are also qte minigames in it where you either attend a dance and have to win the hand of the governer's daughter, or have a brawl in a bar and fight a ruffian.
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:10 pm

If you want quality pirate computer games, look no further than the Monkey Island series. It's a series of point and click, inventory puzzle games made by Lucas Arts. The first ones had very poor graphics, though they improve to have quite the style of their own.

Our titular hero: Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate!

Guybrush: "I'm selling these fine leather jackets."
Wally: "Really?"
Guybrush: "No, I'm lying."
Wally: "Oh, well in that case, I don't want one!"

And his undead nemesis, Captain LeChuck!

"Burn down every island in the Caribbean if you have to, but bring me my bride!... and more slaw! Curse the villains, they never give you enough slaw with these value meals."
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:If you want quality pirate computer games, look no further than the Monkey Island series. It's a series of point and click, inventory puzzle games made by Lucas Arts. The first ones had very poor graphics, though they improve to have quite the style of their own.

How could I forget Monkey Island? I have the remake of the first one. You can play it with either the original graphics or updated HD graphics. I love it. Not played any of the others though.

I played the demo of Age of Booty. I enjoyed it, but didn't take the plunge into the full game. I may have to after the esteem it receives above.
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 pm

I've got the Age of Booty on my PS3 matey...it can be a tad frustrating at times.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 am

YArrrr...

Oi hears Age of Booty has a multiplayer option, where ye all get to plunder and pillage in a team.
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby black bart on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 am

DaveL wrote:YArrrr...

Oi hears Age of Booty has a multiplayer option, where ye all get to plunder and pillage in a team.

I have that capacity...but I aint dared ta launch meself on the great digital high seas yet (I'm avin enuff trubble wiv thee tutorial).
black bart
Resident Weevil

Previous

Return to Pirate Discussion