The community is not active enough.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: The community is not active enough.

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:30 pm

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
:lurk:
:lurk:
:lurk: :lurk:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby 2eyespatch on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:26 pm

ahoe big boy mean pirate (of the funny language too)! pleez to met ya too. methinks id's proper to say I am not powsting as much as I wish mainly because I am reading loooooooong threads (saving Pirate Lingo dictionary for the last as evr' bodee can see) and while reading them I am breaking my back from so much falling from my seat and climbing back to it. so be patient and you all will see me back posting like a madman.
nothing edible for you today,
ye shuld bring me caek an udder yummy stuf erels oil ban ye an steel yer ship!
only cake I got is a cheese/banana/rhum, and young uns are not allowed to it.
Omnia mecum porto
2eyespatch
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 pm

2eyespatch wrote:only cake I got is a cheese/banana/rhum, and young uns are not allowed to it.

I can has rum? You can keep cheese and bananas though.

Fank ye, ye welkum.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:47 pm

Ubi Dubium's father grew up in a conservative Baptist household (granddad was a Southern Baptist preacher), where drinking was not allowed (nor cards, nor dancing). He died many decades ago, I never met him. It was so funny watching grandma (at age 95+) and Aunt Rose (at age 70+) getting rum cakes for Christmas and acting like naughty teenagers. They did this every year, FSM bless 'em.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Eniavlys on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:59 am

Whatever your age, you can act like a teenager (with or without rum), take example at (/on?) me
Eniavlys
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Clifford on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:38 am

Eniavlys wrote:Whatever your age, you can act like a teenager (with or without rum), take example at (/on?) me

My hypothesis is that we're just we're all still mentally children, weight mentally down by our experiences and inner philosophies. Thus the older you get the "wiser" and more grumpy you are.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Eniavlys wrote:Whatever your age, you can act like a teenager (with or without rum), take example at (/on?) me

Old enough to know better and young enough to do it again!

:smile:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Ham Nox on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Ham Nox stumbles in drunkenly and steals all yer rum, pausing to comment "I agree. I wish I knew more Pastafarians in RL" before stumbling back out the door
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby SomethingClever on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:40 am

Ok I wonder in, and I see there has not been a single post much less new topic in the past two days or so. So naturally I go to this thread, and I can kinda see where SFviking was coming from cause when I came in all I could think is...

FSM is just so @#$%ing awesome, The community is super cool and smart, how could this be anything less then, the lively, busting at seams, forum community, I envisioned?

Ok here's a little story for ya

This after noon while hanging w/ some friends, somebody mentioned (somewhat jokingly) that dinosaurs might not have even existed. Their follow up went a little sumting like this....
- Yeah, I guess theyre real en all, Im just say it could be all fabricate by scientist.
*They just plant all these bones to..oh yeah go ahead
- Well its kinda like how they say Jesus was real, and really came back and how they use science to prov it...

Dont think I need to go on from there you can see how that would inspire one to come back to the FSM sight. Honestly Im disgusted with how often I see pseudo-sciences influencing the validity of real science. Finding someone who views science with a sense of legitimacy on par with commercial statistics, simply because she sees science in everything from prof of god, to NASA, to "Now 10X softer" is an eye opening reminder of how important it is that other learn to scrutinize the claim of science, fact, etc.

Yawn* Well Im beat ltr. Seriously Im very tired so I say in advance forgive me for my poor spelling/grammer

Ps Give SFviking is a girl pants wearing silky boy but give him some love he is likely to start cutting himself if you make him feel bad.
SomethingClever
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Not sure what you're talking about, exactly. There've been plenty more than 0 posts this weekend. Certainly some excitement too, if you can find it. :facepalm:

Though I must agree, as I have seen this forum in much more vibrant stages, it could use a little work. :wink:
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby SomethingClever on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:31 pm

I may have made a slight exaggeration, but this the only "All things FSM" thread to have received a post since Fri.

btw love the Zombie pic
SomethingClever
Ziti Zealot

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Here's a secret: Most of the action takes place in the "Serious Discussion" and "World of Other Stuff" sections, and the "Pirate Discussion" forum.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 pm

I agree with Qwerty and ADoS. Plus, I think it is a little rude of someone with only 11 posts in eight months to accuse other posters of not being active enough… :facepalm:

I know I'm not the only poster here who dresses in Pirate gear every Friday. I go haunt a shopping mall or two… I get a lot of laughs and a chance to explain His Noodliness to random people. Last Friday I gave a cutlass to an old lady (OK, even older lady :lol: ) driving an electric scooter and left her happily waving it! :fsm_yarr:

I also went to Son Number Four's college where they were taking part in The World's Greatest Shave (he got his long, curly brown hair shaved) and I (since my hair is already shaved) got purple and green stripes. I met several Pastafarian students who were delighted to find a fellow pirate. I think Pastafarian parents might be quite rare.

If a disabled granny can dress up, put a Pirate Flag and a Pirate Ship on my wheelchair and spread the Word, anyone else can do it.

SomethingClever; has it not occurred to you that sometimes posters are busy IRL or on other threads? Please, by all means, get stuck in and revitalise some threads in this forum. We will all be grateful. But please don't accuse us of inactivity!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby SomethingClever on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm

No buddy accused anybody. I was just a little bummed to see the forums looking so empty. That all nothing more. What with all the animosity? This total uncalled for.
SomethingClever
Ziti Zealot

Postby Edd on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:43 pm

SomethingClever wrote:No buddy accused anybody. I was just a little bummed to see the forums looking so empty. That all nothing more. What with all the animosity? This total uncalled for.

SC, even though the FSM is what brings us all together here, we have a lot of other common interests and discuss them in other threads, as ADoS mentioned.

I've seen no animosity toward you. In fact, I happen to agree with tig that your first post here was antagonistic. If you'd take the time to peruse some other areas of the forums, you might find that we have a tendency to wander off topic and have many discussions concerning the FSM and Pastafarianism in unrelated sections.
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM