Matey Gras is coming!!!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Matey Gras is coming!!!

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:48 pm

A celebration of pirates, strippers, and beer; Matey Gras (also known as Mardi Grog) will come this Feb. 16th.

Plastic beads are used to represent the jewels found in booty, and the men (acting as pirates) share this loot with the wenches who (acting as strippers) show off their anatomy.

Grog, beer, wine, and liquor are drunk by the celebrants, as a representation of the versatility of the beer volcano in heaven.

Many people wear masks or makeup, flamboyant clothing, and gaudy jewelry, representing many pirate cultures, and running through the streets of towns and cities in a representation of pirate pillaging.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Re: Matey Gras is coming!!!

Postby Cardinal Fang on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Surely it's called Mardia gr-Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

CF
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby fluboe on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 pm

And, why, may I ask, is New Orleans the town that celebrates this pastafarian holiday the most?
fluboe
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 pm

fluboe wrote:And, why, may I ask, is New Orleans the town that celebrates this pastafarian holiday the most?

I think Rio might be a bigger celebrator that New Orleans....

CF
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Then we simply go Bandit Keith and add "...in America" to the end of her question.

It's probably the most piratical town in America, being the whole Caribbean port city thing. I mean, there were pirates around the Carolinas, but they didn't have any cities of ill-repute, did they?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby KC Observer on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Arrrgh, Rev; They be comely wenches! :fsm_yarr:
KC Observer
Mod

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 am

I think that, despite my gender, I would be better suited to Piratehood than Stripperdom. I already have a big piratey chest of booty!

Who wants to see granny's anatomy? :shocked: (Apart from granddad, of course… :wink: )
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Ham Nox on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:36 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:I think that, despite my gender, I would be better suited to Piratehood than Stripperdom.

I contend that I can be both. In fact, I can't think of a better way to catch the enemy off guard :wink:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Who wants to see granny's anatomy? :shocked: (Apart from granddad, of course… :wink: )

Granddad... Does he post on the boards at all?
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Granddad doesn't post on any boards at all. He spends all day on computers at work and doesn't see them as relaxing.

He plays chess several times a week in different clubs with his mates.

I often read him snippets about this place and I suppose it amuses him sometimes. If he wants to have input he asks me to post it.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Return to All Things FSM