No whine...no qualified OK...something fantastic about today

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

No whine...no qualified OK...something fantastic about today

Postby Grumpy on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 am

OK wow, my first thread. I have probably duplicated some other crappy thread but this thread is awesome because it was stared by me. Just so you know.

Today I called my Recruitment agency ready for a fight. I wanted to claim workers comp.

To say my employer was understanding was an understatement

Spoke to them about worker's comp and what I would be hitting their insurers up for they said they would likely on the basis of the claim payout my immediate cost pre-emptively.

OK put in context. We are talking about $400 Australian maybe a bit more that they will get back pretty smartly once claim through.

I (fortunately or unfortunately) am pretty quick at healing and do heal quick and have taken less time off than what most people take and even if I go Physio, which I dunno that I will bother, we are talking maybe $600 max, which again they get back on the claim.

In other claims (I have to make 5 separate claims) my hyposentivity and healing will be a liability. In workers comp it is a positive thing. (As Tigger explain I am Autistic and don't respond to pain "normally and am not good at "pretending normal pain") That said, they will happily cover minimums that they will be forking out in advance and so I will be in much better financial condition and less "punished" for being driven into by a semi trailer.

This is huge for me. Pain I don't care about. i can gauge and measure it. Change and uncertainty really screws with me and ups my anxiety and my ability to cope and function and this will "normalise" things for me considerably.

:fsm_rock:
"How do I feel? Like I was just hit by a truck........because I was.....Oh it was rhetorical....right...heh...ummm.....*awkward*"
Grumpy
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: No whine...no qualified OK...something fantastic about today

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:38 am

Glad at least something is going right for you, Grumpy! :smile:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Grumpy on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Glad at least something is going right for you, Grumpy! :smile:

Had a sense of accomplishment today. Did the dishes and laundry which had been bugging me and a long sleep after an interupted night and a long shop with two of my favourite people. I am also moving freer than I have been days prior. All very positive. :fsm_rock:
"How do I feel? Like I was just hit by a truck........because I was.....Oh it was rhetorical....right...heh...ummm.....*awkward*"
Grumpy
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:07 am

Excellent! This will be a good place to keep us updated with your progress, and that of your children; I hope that all the claims are dealt with as promptly. :grin:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Return to All Things FSM