Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby Ham Nox on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Edd wrote:You could just print out your favorite sections. Hopefully, once it gets going, it will be in a constant state of growth and revision, anyway.

I know.. I am of the deep hope that it will grow and change with the times, unlike some texts. Still, I want to see some measure of stability so that it may remain a good reference when one needs it.

Sort of like government... You don't want it to be completely stagnant and never get anything done, but you don't want it to be in a constant state of uncontrollable flux either.
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
User avatar
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby Edd on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Ham Nox wrote:
Edd wrote:You could just print out your favorite sections. Hopefully, once it gets going, it will be in a constant state of growth and revision, anyway.

I know.. I am of the deep hope that it will grow and change with the times, unlike some texts. Still, I want to see some measure of stability so that it may remain a good reference when one needs it.

Sort of like government... You don't want it to be completely stagnant and never get anything done, but you don't want it to be in a constant state of uncontrollable flux either.

What about physical copies published yearly? It would be a great schism generator.

'I belong to the Church of the FSM, 2010 version.'

'Heretic! The 2012 version is obviously more truthful and accurate.'

'But I don't like kumquats!'
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
User avatar
Edd
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2505
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby Ham Nox on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am

But what of those who believe in the great kiwi experiment of Bobby's GotFSM? The environmentalist groups fought long and hard to get it removed in the 2012 edition, so that the remaining population of kiwis may live to see the end of the world, but many feel that a great spiritual truth has been lost because of their efforts...
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
User avatar
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby Edd on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Ham Nox wrote:But what of those who believe in the great kiwi experiment of Bobby's GotFSM? The environmentalist groups fought long and hard to get it removed in the 2012 edition, so that the remaining population of kiwis may live to see the end of the world, but many feel that a great spiritual truth has been lost because of their efforts...

But that's the beauty of it. Whichever group of Pastafarians has the majority can publish their version and then go underground, if they so desire.

Imagine, the few remaining followers of a dying sect, clandestinely meeting in dark pubs and damp basements, practising unholy acts too horrible to mention, even here. And a lonely, reclusive scribe, painstakingly copying his worn book of texts by hand by candlelight in his monk's cell.

Hey, I could be our generation's Da Vinci and Dan Brown!
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
User avatar
Edd
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2505
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby Ham Nox on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Edd wrote:But that's the beauty of it. Whichever group of Pastafarians has the majority can publish their version and then go underground, if they so desire.

Imagine, the few remaining followers of a dying sect, clandestinely meeting in dark pubs and damp basements, practising unholy acts too horrible to mention, even here. And a lonely, reclusive scribe, painstakingly copying his worn book of texts by hand by candlelight in his monk's cell.


Great.. I've already started on my version :cool:

Somewhere along the line I got caught up trying to make my own Gospel though... I really hope I can finish it, because I'm in deep, sensual, erotic love with it. It is a story of secrets, heresy, and chocolate :)
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
User avatar
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Have we ever considered a Loose Canon wiki?

Postby Edd on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Ham Nox wrote:Somewhere along the line I got caught up trying to make my own Gospel though... I really hope I can finish it, because I'm in deep, sensual, erotic love with it. It is a story of secrets, heresy, and chocolate :)


Put that in a blurb and you'll have a guaranteed best seller.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
User avatar
Edd
Mystic of Meatball
 
Posts: 2505
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: Texas

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Omar Ravenhurst and 3 guests

cron