Pastafarism at school

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarism at school

Postby Morgan Morgomir on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Guess i screwed first time I tried to post this topic.. oh well..
Just rejoined the forum and noticed it have grown quite big time since I last checked it. Now I'd like to know if pastafarism have succesfully been added as subject in some school somewhere in the world. :>

Because if it isn't.. Due finnish law, if there's 3 or more persons who have same religion in the city and they want to learn it, the city have to provide lessons. So I technically need to find only 2 more pastafarian from my city to get this religion as subject in upper secondary school(finnish college) :D I don't yet know how this thing actually works, but im currently trying to find it out. Stay focused, Fellow believers. :grin:

Rāmen
Morgan Morgomir
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Pastafarism at school

Postby DavidH on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:54 am

What a brilliant idea! :jack:
If you don't know any others near you, just convert a couple of friends.
I wish we had a law like that.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby PiratePasta on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 am

I have a good RE teacher, so I'm gonna talk to him about teaching our beliefs, though I'm not sure he will at the moment because we're just studying for exams.

Any chance the GCSE exam board could add the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to their RE exams? :fsm_float:
Humpty dumpty sat on the wall, humpty dumpty had a great fall... The structure of the wall was incorrect so he won ten grand with Claims Direct!
PiratePasta
Conchigliette Convert

Postby DavidH on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:09 am

PiratePasta wrote:Any chance the GCSE exam board could add the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to their RE exams? :fsm_float:

I wish ....
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby pinataheart on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Hm. My Philosophy professor might start mentioning Pastafanarianism if I bring it up to him. He always does a piece on the Kansas case in his philosophy class, taking no side himself in front of the students of course, but telling the views of all the sides he knows are involved.
A theist.
A t-girl.
A supporter of the FSM cause.
I am the pinata.
May the Unknown Deity be with you...
Or not if She doesn't exist. (It would be weird if she was with you, but didn't exist.)
pinataheart
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Ubi Dubium on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 am

Make sure he has a copy of the "Open Letter" that started this whole thing. And, of course, a copy of our highly scientific "graph" and our inspirational picture of the creation.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Return to All Things FSM