Far fetched anecdotes of the sea.

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Far fetched anecdotes of the sea.

Postby black bart on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:38 pm

BBQ...exploding Diaper :lol:

Once I get used to the idea of Nef Yoo driving an Aston Martin I'll try and do a follow up.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:55 am

Oi be henvishenin sumfink loike this:

but wif an oipatch an a cupple lolly holders.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:39 am

Arrrgh I just saw a story on thee news. Thee relatives of the missionary John Williams who was killed and eaten by cannibals have been hinvited to visit the island where he died so thee descendants of thee cannibals can say sorry :

John Williams and James Harris from the London Missionary Society landed in 1839. Both of these missionaries were killed and eaten by cannibals on the island of Erromanga on November 20 of that year, only minutes after going ashore. Forty-eight years later John Paton wrote, "Thus were the New Hebrides baptized with the blood of martyrs; and Christ thereby told the whole Christian world that he claimed these islands as His own"

Aaargh...if I were thee realtives I'd be wary of a cunnin plan ta get more dinner!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:38 pm

YArrrr...

Oid be skippin the invite for dinner afterwards! Nuthin short of 'I've bin speared by natives' might convince 'em otherwise though.

:paranoid:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby black bart on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:11 am

The Weevil before Xmas

Twas thee night before xmas and the ship’s biscuits were decorated with sea weed cut into the shape of holly.

"he’s fallen of the plank
he’s walking in the air
he’s floating in the moonlit sea"

The crews merry singing wafted in through me cabin window...arrgh I loves this toim o year when the crew build snowmen (if there aint any snow they use seagull poo) on thee deck and we celebrate the season with some merry plank walkin an extra fish head stew rations all round.

Suddenly there’s a knock on me cabin door an thee First Mate appears:

‘Sorry ta bother ye Capn but we’ve run out o Rum an Plank Walkin Victims, nothing left but weevily ship’s biscuits...is there any chance of doin a shore raid ta get some more provisions?’

It was an excellent idea so we sneaked ashore, me, the captain, dressed as Santa Claus and the crew dressed as elves.

‘Right men’ says I, ‘remember ye be in disguise so what’s does we all say if anyone talks to us?’

‘Yarrgh, Yarrgh, Yarrgh!’ Shouts the cook...

‘Blitherin idiot, says I, ‘it be Ho, Ho, Ho!’

We all headed for a Bustling Inn in the centre of town. The cunning plan was for me to entertain the landlord and the punters whilst the elves crept down into the cellar and stole all the rum.

After a few nervous moments and several remarks of “we aint seen a Father Xmas with an eye patch before”, I settled into a routine of Ho Hoing and regaling the punters with Xmas tales. Things were going well an out of the corner of my eye I could see elves slipping away laden wiv rum an mince pies. I’d just finished the tale of Tiny Tim and most of the punters were sobbing into their tankards when there was a loud knock on the door and the village constable appeared!

‘I wants a word with thee landlord,’ says the rosser, ‘I’ve been told to be on the look out for Pirates in the area!’

‘Pirates?’ says the landlord, ‘Don’t be daft, come in and have an xmas drink constable.’

The constable refused the drink saying he was on duty and anyway he’d just been given a tot of rum and a mince pie by a huge elf with a peg leg.

Oh gawd thinks I, that’ll be the cook, thee crew’s been at thee rum already...if I don’t round the blaggards up soon there’ll be drunken elves all over the place! I tried making my excuses and making for the exit but the landlord grabbed me and said:

‘Ye can’t go Santa, not without handin out the presents to the village orphans and waifs.’

‘Yarrgh...er, Ho Ho Ho,’ says I, ‘Tis only a tiny village, how many waifs has ye got, 4, 5, 6 maybe?’

‘150 says the Landlord, we get at lot o rapin an pillagin on this coast!’

By thee toim I got back to thee ship the elf crew were lyin in a drunken heap with mince pie crumbs all over thee place. Sigh, weevily biscuits fer me xmas supper again! Still...lookin on thee bright side I’m invited back to the Inn for next years Xmas Party and one of thee Drunken elves was singin:

**** you I wont do what you tell me
**** you I wont do what you tell me

It may be thee xmas number one but in my book that be mutiny!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:28 pm

A moving story, Bart, but hardly far-fetched. A similar incident occurred in this very village when some Vikings rowed up the river from Sutton. I find your tale very easy to accept. :grin:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 am

Sutton Who?

Geddit...Sutton Hoo...an archeological joke.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Yes, but this was last August.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 am

DavidH wrote:Yes, but this was last August.

Sorry I've only just realised the significance of your post matey...er...Vikings? Last August? Did any of them look like Kirk Douglas or Tony Curtis?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:05 am

black bart wrote:Vikings? Last August? Did any of them look like Kirk Douglas or Tony Curtis?

Boroooodin! Boroooodin! Boroo..oo..ooo..oo..oodin!
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am

Did you get the chance to throw hatchets at a wench's blond pig tails?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 am

black bart wrote:Did you get the chance to throw hatchets at a wench's blond pig tails?

If only.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:30 am

DavidH wrote:
black bart wrote:Did you get the chance to throw hatchets at a wench's blond pig tails?

If only.

The nearest I came to that experience was when a blond German girl threw an apple strudle at me!! It was a near death experience.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 am

Arrgh mateys ye Pilot for 'Long Winded Tales' awaits at thirty paces...or at this link:

http://web.mac.com/antonyroberts/iWeb/barty_photos/Long%20Winded%20Tales.html
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:52 am

Nice use of the plastic toys for speshal effects there matey. It was most convincin indeed...reminds me of Kitten Kong off the Goodies.

Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion