Happy Birthday

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Happy Birthday

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:16 am

:bounce: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BART!!!!!! :bounce:
He sure was a cute baby wasn't he???

* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby bacon on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:56 pm

:jack: :bounce: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BART! :bounce: :jack:
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

:grumpy: Bah Humbart! :grumpy:
(happy birthday, Bart.)
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby DavidH on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:20 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UBI DUBIUM!
:jack: :fsm_float: :jack: :fsm_float: :jack: :fsm_float: :jack: :fsm_float: :jack:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 am

Happy Birthday Bart and Ubi Dubium!
For everyone with a birthday:
ImageImage
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby DavidH on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:47 am

Sorry, Ubi Dubius - got the wrong one of you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UBI DUBIUS!
:jack: :fsm_float: :jack: :fsm_float: :jack: :fsm_float: :jack: :fsm_float: :jack:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Ubi Dubium on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:01 am

Thanks for fixing that! I know I've been feeling old lately, and having an extra birthday this year isn't likely to help that!

I've got to go and bake a birthday cake for Ubi Dubius now. And bread. And we're having steak later. We were supposed to be going to a Solstice party today, and I had a concert later tonight, but there's a foot of snow on the ground already, and it shows no signs of stopping, so all of that is off. So I have a day to stay home and bake. Nice.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby DavidH on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:10 am

Maybe not so much fun having your birthday so near to Christmas? I'm always glad that mine is in May - it breaks the year up.
[more or less off-topic] I do a lot of volunteer work with people with learning difficulties. One of our participants, a delightful, tiny Downs Syndrome girl, is boiling over with excitement because Friday is her birthday and Christmas. What's more, it's her 21st. :cry: [/more or less off-topic]
EDIT: Anyhow, have a lovely, relaxed UDS's birthday. If you're snowbound you needn't feel guilty about not doing things.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:04 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Happy Birthday Bart and Ubi Dubium!

Close.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby TwistedSister on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Sorry I didn't have time to bake, but
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby black bart on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:54 am

TwistedSister wrote::bounce: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BART!!!!!! :bounce:
He sure was a cute baby wasn't he???

I had lovely hair in those days!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:02 am

DavidH wrote:Maybe not so much fun having your birthday so near to Christmas? I'm always glad that mine is in May - it breaks the year up.
[more or less off-topic] I do a lot of volunteer work with people with learning difficulties. One of our participants, a delightful, tiny Downs Syndrome girl, is boiling over with excitement because Friday is her birthday and Christmas. What's more, it's her 21st. :cry: [/more or less off-topic]
EDIT: Anyhow, have a lovely, relaxed UDS's birthday. If you're snowbound you needn't feel guilty about not doing things.

I like having my birthday near xmas. Well done for the volunteer work...the only unselfish thing I've done this season is buy a Big Issue off my favourite Big Issue seller.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:43 am

[totally off-topic]
black bart wrote:Well done for the volunteer work...

Thanks, Bart. But you know - at the risk of sounding like some sentimental old christian woman - I get more pleasure from it than from anything else I do (with my trousers on).[/off-topic]
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:08 am

DavidH wrote:Maybe not so much fun having your birthday so near to Christmas? I'm always glad that mine is in May - it breaks the year up.

It has never been a problem for me except that I got football (US) gear at Chrifsmas and Birthday, and never got much baseball stuff. I like baseball much better than football.

My M-in-L, though once got pajama bottoms for her December birthday and pajama tops for Christmas. In the same package. No, I didn't give them to her.
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:09 am

Actually, our bigger problem was birthday week in January. Four of my siblings and my Dad had their birthdays in a five day period. No twins or anything like that. Since then, we've added a niece and a nephew on one of those days.
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion