Motivational Captions

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Motivational Captions

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Create your own motivational (or de-motivational) images and post them here.
Online captioner: http://wigflip.com/automotivator/ (save to imageshack for a quick link)

—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Re: Motivational Captions

Postby PKMKII on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Umm...I did say "create your own" didn't I?

—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rainswept on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Made this one myself.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby PKMKII on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby PKMKII on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:24 pm

PKMKII

Postby Venator on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:41 pm

First,

A couple I made for a wee presentation during an informal debate with a creationist

and

As well as one I made for the lulz and before I found out that everyone else had used this quote too.

Take Care and RAmen!

Ven

:fsm_ninja:
Mighty Bush Laser Vision ACTIVATED!!! (as well as Right Ear Laser apparently)

----

Not Much More Than A Clanking Replicator Made Of Meat.

----

"[Richard] Dawkins convinced me that every attractive woman is really just a set of great genes stuffed into a pair of great jeans." - Jeff Guhin, bustedhalo.com
Venator
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Ubi Dubium on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:47 pm

I've made a few of these! Mostly for a contest on Friendly Atheist. But this is a good chance to use them again.

(V+1)
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby S'presso on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm currently in the process of painting one.
I'll get back to you in... a week or so. :grin:
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby PKMKII on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:00 pm

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:53 am

PKMKII

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Cool thread, but are we allowed to post favorites created by other people?

(He asks, expecting the answer "yes")
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 pm

We already have threads to post funny pictures in. The entire point of this one was to promote creativity among our members. I suppose that if you included one of your favorites in a post of your own creations and said..."I only made the first one, but I just had to post the second as well." it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Besides which, it's not like I can enforce the rules.

But I really, really hoped that people would find it entertaining enough to go out and do it for themselves. Besides, if one is clever enough, it could start a new meme (so put your name and the date in the corner, eh?).

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes