Too Late?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Too Late?

Postby NoodlyAppendage on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Is it too late to submit?
NoodlyAppendage
Ziti Zealot

Re: Too Late?

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Submit what? :confused:

Or to whom? :lech:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby S'presso on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:04 pm

It's always too late! :paranoid:

but really, too late for?
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Julius Aurora on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 pm

It's never too late!

Unless you are dead
1. The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him a ride.
- Henry Mencken

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
Julius Aurora
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 pm

NoodlyAppendage wrote:Is it too late to submit?

I'm guessing you're talking about submitting stuff for the Loose Canon, so no it's not too late. I'm hoping to have the first edition done before the end of the year, so if you want to get something in there, you should submit it pretty soon. However, even after the first edition is done, any submissions you make can be put into the next edition. It's an ongoing process, so it'll never be too late.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:27 pm

When do we decide what we're including or not including, and how and in what order we'll present it?

Also, I know for a fact I submitted a letter about death and the afterlife, but now I can't find it. Weird. :confused:

EDIT: Arrgh, found it. Nonfiction Epastles.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:When do we decide what we're including or not including, and how and in what order we'll present it?

Also, I know for a fact I submitted a letter about death and the afterlife, but now I can't find it. Weird. :confused:

EDIT: Arrgh, found it. Nonfiction Epastles.

Me, DaveL, and Qwerty make up the Second Council of Olive Garden, and we've been going over the material to decide what makes the cut. If you wanna help out, let me know, and we'll induct you into the Council. We're basing the Canon on the bible's format and we're probably gonna make it into a pdf so everyone can download it.

Also, I read your letter and it's pretty sweet. I especially like how it's written in pirate speak. I think it might actually be the only text submitted so far written in the holy tongue.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Uh, sure! I have time, I think. I'm only taking seven credits this semester. Are there any strict requirements that I show up at scheduled AIM/IRC meetings or anything like that? I'd love to help.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Are there any strict requirements that I show up at scheduled AIM/IRC meetings or anything like that? I'd love to help.

bump
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:
Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Are there any strict requirements that I show up at scheduled AIM/IRC meetings or anything like that? I'd love to help.

bump

No, we don't do meetings or even talk that often. Every once in a while we'll pm each other to fill everyone in on progress or get opinions on an idea. Right now we're finishing up compiling stuff so if you'd like to help you can read thru the threads and tell me any texts you think are worthy. I'll send you the current book listing in a bit too if you wanna look it over and give input on whether the texts should stay or not.

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:00 am

Um, having just noticed that this forum is eight pages long, almost all of which I haven't read, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. I mostly just strongly think that the FAQ should be included somehow, and nobody ever responded to that thread I made about it.

I tend to get excited about things without really thinking them through. :blush:
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Um, having just noticed that this forum is eight pages long, almost all of which I haven't read, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. I mostly just strongly think that the FAQ should be included somehow, and nobody ever responded to that thread I made about it.

lol, yeah I skimmed over most of the 8 pages once, a lot of it isn't actually holy texts for submissions. It's not hugely important anyway.

However, I had hoped to have a hymnal to go with the Loose Canon, but I was starting to give that idea up cause I don't really wanna do the reading. But if you still wanna help out, we could use someone to look over the Hymns and Songs forum viewforum.php?f=14 which is only 3 pages.

As for the FAQ, I think most of that is in the Gospel of the FSM already, but I could be wrong. I'll have to check on that. I do know that at least the part on HellLight is getting into the Canon from another text. So if it isn't in the Gospel, I figure I'll stick it into the Canon.

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:I tend to get excited about things without really thinking them through. :blush:

lol, I do the same thing, which is why I'm running the Loose Canon project...

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby DaveL on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:12 am

YArrrrr...

The Loose Canon. Bring it!!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

DaveL wrote:YArrrrr...

The Loose Canon. Bring it!!

yar?

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby DaveL on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Jah?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Next