Hacking road signs in the name of the FSM

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Hacking road signs in the name of the FSM

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:15 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:
Dudeman55556 wrote:
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:A proper hacker would do it with his cell phone from a car parked several hundred feet down the road.

That's simply not possible. These road signs have no way of connecting with your cell phone. No internet, or any kind of wireless receiver. So we're stuck with breaking into it.

Nonsense. James Bond would do it from his cell phone. He'd make it blow up with his cell phone, too.

Now you're just talking nonsense. James Bond has a mobile phone, not one of these bizarre 'cell phones' :confused:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 am

You guys crack me up! :lol:
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Dudeman55556 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Okay, back on topic. Does anyone want more comprehensive instructions? Maybe some more pictures?
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Dudeman55556 wrote:
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:
Dudeman55556 wrote:Maybe so. But james bond is a movie character, and this is real life. So HA!

Phooey. Next you'll be trying to convince me that there's no Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny.

Er... I think we need to have a little talk...

I agree. James Bond is a book character. What's a movie? :confused:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Dudeman55556 wrote:Okay, back on topic. Does anyone want more comprehensive instructions? Maybe some more pictures?

I'd love to see more pix of what you have done.
I'm not saying what you are doing is within the law, but it sure is funny.
I know I wouldn't try doing it. Afraid of electrical shocks, but :bounce: :bounce: to you!

Hope you guys don't get caught.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Dudeman55556 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:13 pm

TwistedSister wrote:
Dudeman55556 wrote:Okay, back on topic. Does anyone want more comprehensive instructions? Maybe some more pictures?

I'd love to see more pix of what you have done.
I'm not saying what you are doing is within the law, but it sure is funny.
I know I wouldn't try doing it. Afraid of electrical shocks, but :bounce: :bounce: to you!

Hope you guys don't get caught.

I meant pictures that are instructional. I've posted all of the pictures of our work (So far). And there is no risk of electrical shock, as long as youre not messing with anything uninsulated (which is pretty much nothing). It's just the little metal things that connect the cables to the battery that are dangerous (I assume they are, anyways. They look like they're electrically charged, but I've never heard of anyone actually hurting themselves, and I'm not stupid enough to touch one and see) and they're not anywhere near where your hands will be. I just thought I'd put the warning of electrocution in there so I don't get sued if someone does by chance get electrocuted.

And it doesn't look like we're doing anything bad (besides loitering) when we go hacking.
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:09 am

Dudeman55556 wrote:It's just the little metal things that connect the cables to the battery that are dangerous (I assume they are, anyways. They look like they're electrically charged, but I've never heard of anyone actually hurting themselves, and I'm not stupid enough to touch one and see)

Well, you're never going to find anything out with that attitude are you? :tongue:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Dudeman55556 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:02 am

daftbeaker wrote:
Dudeman55556 wrote:It's just the little metal things that connect the cables to the battery that are dangerous (I assume they are, anyways. They look like they're electrically charged, but I've never heard of anyone actually hurting themselves, and I'm not stupid enough to touch one and see)

Well, you're never going to find anything out with that attitude are you? :tongue:

Feel free to try, but I value my fingers/value my life/have a low pain tolerance/am too chicken. One of those.
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby ciaran54 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:51 am

Dudeman55556 wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:

Feel free to try, but I value my fingers/value my life/have a low pain tolerance/am too chicken. One of those.

BAH! fingers! His noodlyness does fine without 'em. :guilty:

- At least if i die doing something i love, I'll never live to regret it

- Why does everyone have to have an opinion on a glass of water? It's half a glass of water and that's good enough for me.

- No one ever reads this, do they? (except ham nox, for some reason)
ciaran54
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Dudeman55556 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:52 pm

His Noodlyness also has many, many more appendages than me. And they're tentacular, rather than jointed. If my arms were tentacular and I had lots of them, I wouldn't have a great use for fingers either.
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:07 am

Can you play the guitar with noodly appendages?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 am

I can't. But then again, I can't play with fingers either (I had just started to learn when we left for Australia).

I expect the FSM can play anything - when He isn't drunk, of course. You might not want to listen to it, though. :violin:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:36 am

I bet you could play slide guitar with noodly appendages.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Ubi Dubius on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 am

Noodly appendages would be great for percussion, I'd think.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Captain Spork on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:03 pm

FYI, dude, you didnt post all the photos of what we did. theres the one of cadillac, and theres the "Giant Evil Robots" one. And I dont value my fingers, nexttie we find a road, i'll totally touch one of the wires if you tell me to! :evilgrin:
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. ---Robert Bloch

Those who forget the pasta are condemed to reheat it.
Captain Spork
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM