What happens when people actually start believing in FSM?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What happens when people actually start believing in FSM?

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:13 pm

Dudeman55556 wrote:I think... It is probably possible that someone might start believing in the FSM, but only a really long time from now, once the original purpose has been lost. Sort of like christianity.

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am an honest-to-goodness Pastafarian. I pray to His Noodliness even when nobody's around to see. When I need good luck or just to know I'm being watched over overnight or the next day, I wear my PotC pajamas, a bandanna, and an eyepatch to bed. I carry my Gospel around with me in my backpack. I am not unprepared for the possibility that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist, but the thought that He might be there gives me comfort.

I am a Pastafarian! ARRRRGH! :fsm:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Well then bust out your flintlock and cutlass and gut ye a few filthy seadogs!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Clifford on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:55 am

trellis wrote:A thought just occurred to me. What would happen if someone came to this site, and thought "that looks good" and actually starts genuinely believing in all of this?
If people can believe in any other religion, then it's not too much of a leap of faith to think people could actually believe in the Spaghetti Monster is it?

They'll be going to an asylum very soon.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am

If jesus came back tomorrow, his first stop would be an asylum...
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:If jesus came back tomorrow, his first stop would be an asylum...

Food for thought, there.

Given the potential number of 'virgin births' these days, what with IVF and an artificial insemination etc., what would a son/daughter of a God have to do to stand out from the rest?
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Levitation and head lasers would probably help.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:09 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Given the potential number of 'virgin births' these days, what with IVF and an artificial insemination etc., what would a son/daughter of a God have to do to stand out from the rest?
I think she/he would have to become a contestant on Big Brother, and then turn out to be a witty, intelligent and articulate person with good social skills and some modesty. That would stand out.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:13 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Given the potential number of 'virgin births' these days, what with IVF and an artificial insemination etc., what would a son/daughter of a God have to do to stand out from the rest?
I think she/he would have to become a contestant on Big Brother, and then turn out to be a witty, intelligent and articulate person with good social skills and some modesty. That would stand out.

Unfortunately, such people are weeded out at the audition.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Dudeman55556 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:27 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:
Roy Hunter wrote:

Unfortunately, such people are weeded out at the audition.

lol
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Reverend RA on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 pm

I sincerely hope they do. Belief is irrational and cannot be explained by science, however the comfort it brings is real and quantifiable. It has long been known that Christians have longer and happier lives than those unhappy atheists. Tentative studies at the University of Leret now suggest that Pastafarians could well exceed the life expectancy of the most content Christians by a factor of 3, although as of yet there are no recorded instances of any Pastafarians living to the age of 210, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
Give a man a packet of spaghetti and he can give his family food for a day. But give that man a spaghetti plant and he can give his whole village something to talk about.
Reverend RA
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:40 pm

Reverend RA wrote:I sincerely hope they do. Belief is irrational and cannot be explained by science

Hmmm.... I can explain the adaptive benefits of belief with respect to Altruism and Group Selection if you like.
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Reverend RA on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Hmmm.... I can explain the adaptive benefits of belief with respect to Altruism and Group Selection if you like.[/quote]

Yes please, so long as it doesn't contradict teh good work of teh academic kittahs.
Give a man a packet of spaghetti and he can give his family food for a day. But give that man a spaghetti plant and he can give his whole village something to talk about.
Reverend RA
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

I don't know you well enough to be able to tell if that was sarcasm....

:confused:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Dudeman55556 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Reverend RA wrote:Hmmm.... I can explain the adaptive benefits of belief with respect to Altruism and Group Selection if you like.

Yes please, so long as it doesn't contradict teh good work of teh academic kittahs.[/quote]

You spelled kittehs wrong.
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Academic kittehs?
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM