Dr Dempski's courses in mythology

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Dr Dempski's courses in mythology

Postby plumberbob on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 am

I want to discuss a post by Wench Nikkiee where she linked to Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary where Dr Dempski is teaching courses on Intelligent Design:

# 978 - Wench Nikkiee - Aug 10th, 2009

@Plumber Bob, Sarah,Edward et.al.

One of the requirements of Dr.Dr.Dr. Dembski’s course requirements for a masters in Intelligent Design :

“AP510 This is the masters course. You have four things to do: (4) provide at least 10 posts defending ID that you’ve made on “hostile” websites, the posts totalling 3,000 words, along with the URLs (i.e., web links) to each post (worth 20% of your grade).

http://www.designinference.com/teaching/teaching.htm

Ya think RSW has earned her/his Masters in ID?
Who’d have thunk you could earn a degree for trolling the internet!
ROFL :)
# 979 - plumberbob - Aug 17th, 2009

@ 978 - Wench Nikkiee - ,

Thank you for the link to The-Christian-Anti-Education-School. It’s Almost as much a parody of Education as our site is of ID. Since their students are getting academic credit for the seminars that we are teaching, we should get Bobby to charge them tuition, and we should be paid stipends for the sections that we teach. All other educational institutions work that way.

RAmen
# 980 - plumberbob - Aug 17th, 2009

@ @ 978 - Wench Nikkiee - ,

By the way, does “CoFSM” also stand for “College of the Flying Spaghetti Monster”?

RAmen

These are in the Academic Endorsements 1 thread on the Evidence tab. I revisited the linked site yesterday to check the undergraduate course:

Philo2483 Intelligent Design or Unintelligent Evolution.

While there I noticed on the course description page, centered under the seminary's name, was a quote:

What you believe to be true will control whether it's true or not.
-Jeremy LaBorde

This quote, obviously endorsed by the seminary, takes the concept of evidence based science as we know it and turns it on its ear. I believe that we need to distribute this quote attached to Dr Dempski's name by the courses he teaches and see that it is distributed far enough to prevent him from ever credibly trying to represent science in public again.

RAmen
plumberbob
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Dr Dempski's courses in mythology

Postby plumberbob on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm

In my post about Dr Dembski's courses, I managed to misspell his name. This is the proper spelling.

RAmen
plumberbob
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Dr Dempski's courses in mythology

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:52 pm

plumberbob wrote:In my post about Dr Dumbski's courses, I managed to misspell his name. This is the proper spelling.

RAmen

Fixed that for you :wink:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Return to All Things FSM