Methinks a more gospelly Gospel should be made

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Methinks a more gospelly Gospel should be made

Postby TheWikidFool on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:58 pm

dantes_torment wrote:Despite Prophet Bobby's brilliant writing, the part that most resembles an actual gospel seems to have been an afterthought. I mean, how can we reference various sections of the story of the creation and Cap'n Mosey without handy dandy numbered verses like its bestselling rival?

I suggest a more official text delving into a linguistically complex (gratuitous use of thou, ye, behold, shalt, etc.) and historically accurate*cough cough* account of how stuff happened. I bet if we searched history, we could find more events strikingly similar to Christian affairs that we're incited by the Noodly Father.

Just a thought; it just seems that our gospel isn't much of a gospel. Plus I'm bored.

Though since I'm not a prophet I would not consider it a gospel but I am writing a book considering my veiws of Him.
"The Noodly Lord commands you bow down to his Noodly Apendege.
TheWikidFool
Ziti Zealot

Location: On a Pirate Ship built in Kansas, sailing by Italy.

Postby SouthernTwilight on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 am

I agree, just like any other religion we must have hardcore books. But unlike christianity and other religions, we won't make up fictional stories and myths, because we all know that would disrespect the FSM and he will find all the more reason to burn us up in global warming. We must respect the FSM by writing and researching much about him, including poetry, prayers, quotes, and historical stories like the bible has. Also, morals, values, etc just like other religions establish. I never got this gospel yet, but i plan to. But i've heard that it wasn't that fullfilling, which is why I am offering to help organize and write a more filled book packed with stuff that would kick the ass of every other religion.

Please if anyone is really putting this together inform me so i can help

We must be legit and establish ourselves in writing. I am a good writer too, just to point out. But if nobody really cares that much then I won't care either. Or if someone has already done this please tell me so i can get both the gospel and the new writings.

Also, before I buy the gospel, can anyone give me a general understanding of what it includes? :fsm:
SouthernTwilight
Conchigliette Convert

Re:

Postby BordusiusIV on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:27 am

CaptainPyro wrote:Why does bobby say in his letter that we have numerous text , if there is only one book in existance. He may be hiding other holly scriptures, possably in a chest, burried on the shore of Porta Bella where numerous pirate breathern have known to base their operations. Blatenly placing the scriptures there would be the best place to hide them.

But this is just nonsens folks! Everyone knows that the christians, muslims and Jews all worship the True Lord FSM, they just dont know about it. If we pick and choose from all the religions we can find many things that has been placed there to confuse and annoy people of the wrong faiths (christianity, islam and the rest).
BordusiusIV
Ziti Zealot

Re:

Postby DancingKitty on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Quoted for a reminder to anyone wanting to Wiki on...

DancingKitty wrote:
There was a massive effort by a number of former members to do exactly that, to make an ongoing compilation of the writings of the membership as the FSM revealed his messages to them.

There was even a website set to make it look all 'traditional' gospel-ish. Lots of long hours were spent trying to get it into Wiki form, when Bobby chose to say that was what he wanted. The main person working on it, who spent hours every day reading every post, back when the forum was extremely busy was threatened, by Bobby, with a lawsuit. She chose to leave, blaming it an health problems, and refuses any extended contact with any members or former members to this day. the other person that was helping her and donating the bandwidth to store the 'artistic' archives was also unwell, and the threats nearly caused another major bout of illness for her.

Anything you do, try to clear with Bobby first, because you don't want to waste months and months executing a document and get threatened for it. That's what was done the first time, but that was when Bobby wasn't communicating.

The majority of the previous work and the source documents are gone.
Meow.
DancingKitty
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby DancingKitty on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:21 pm

SouthernTwilight wrote:

Also, before I buy the gospel, can anyone give me a general understanding of what it includes? :fsm:

You don't want to know...
DancingKitty
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 pm

DancingKitty wrote:
SouthernTwilight wrote:

That's a shame, because the copy I ordered has arrived at the bookshop.

Did you really mean that we don't want to know? Or just that we don't want to know in advance? :wink:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Re: Re:

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:26 pm

DancingKitty wrote:Quoted for a reminder to anyone wanting to Wiki on...

DancingKitty wrote:
There was a massive effort by a number of former members to do exactly that, to make an ongoing compilation of the writings of the membership as the FSM revealed his messages to them.

There was even a website set to make it look all 'traditional' gospel-ish. Lots of long hours were spent trying to get it into Wiki form, when Bobby chose to say that was what he wanted. The main person working on it, who spent hours every day reading every post, back when the forum was extremely busy was threatened, by Bobby, with a lawsuit. She chose to leave, blaming it an health problems, and refuses any extended contact with any members or former members to this day. the other person that was helping her and donating the bandwidth to store the 'artistic' archives was also unwell, and the threats nearly caused another major bout of illness for her.

Anything you do, try to clear with Bobby first, because you don't want to waste months and months executing a document and get threatened for it. That's what was done the first time, but that was when Bobby wasn't communicating.

The majority of the previous work and the source documents are gone.

As the new head of the Loose Canon project, I'm a little curious about where you're getting this information. I've found pretty much all there could be of the original scripture in the old posts and I have the link to the outside source, the gospel-ish website you mentioned. I had heard about health problems and disappearance of the ancient scribes, but I'd never heard anything about a lawsuit. Were you involved with the project back then? Do you know what the legal pretext of the lawsuit was? Cause I figure if the authors of the material give consent and no profit is made off the Loose Canon, there's not really any way Bobby could sue, that is if he even wanted to. Doesn't seem like his style.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:33 pm

DancingKitty wrote:
SouthernTwilight wrote:

I rather enjoyed my copy, have gotten several friends to buy it. Sin. WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Linguini-Luigi on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:04 pm

It would be quite cool to have a proper gospel. the old testicle could have the stories of Pirate Moesy plus other things which could be taken from the folklore section. we could have everyone write a story and the really good ones could be put into a book. The new testicle could have all the writings of our dear prophed Bobby and describe his story. it coud include the current gospel. It should have chapters like 'Sauce' and 'Piraticus' and 'Parmisan' so we could say thing like

''and so the pirates saw that the pasta was under-cooked and they wept for shame that they has spoiled his noodlyness' image.' Sauce 3:9-11

RAmen

:worship: :fsm:
99% Smart 2% Dumb
Linguini-Luigi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Deftera on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 pm

I agree. I've literally read that noodledamned Holy Noodle half a dozen times now. The rest of the book's still funny but nothing compares to His word :worship: :fsm:
Deftera
Ziti Zealot

Postby KMill on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Linguini-Luigi wrote:It should have chapters like 'Sauce' and 'Piraticus' and 'Parmisan' so we could say thing like

''and so the pirates saw that the pasta was under-cooked and they wept for shame that they has spoiled his noodlyness' image.' Sauce 3:9-11

Fo' shizzle! The apocalypse should be detailed in Raviolations...

:fsm_yarr:
Poor Satan. He'll come for my soul, but he'll leave empty handed.
KMill
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Dudeman55556 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 am

KMill wrote:
Linguini-Luigi wrote:It should have chapters like 'Sauce' and 'Piraticus' and 'Parmisan' so we could say thing like

Of course. But who's going to be the Jesus figure?
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Dudeman55556 wrote:
KMill wrote:

Of course. But who's going to be the Jesus figure?

Teeny Houdini, the midget magician?
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Reverend RA on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:32 am

The Great Book has inspired me all my working life. However I have always been intrigued by Piraticus 13:7 - In the beginning was the word and the word was "Arrrgh!". I would dearly love to read the preceeding verses and hope the Profit finds it in his wisdom (or sobers up enough) to produce an unabridged version of the full scriptures.
Give a man a packet of spaghetti and he can give his family food for a day. But give that man a spaghetti plant and he can give his whole village something to talk about.
Reverend RA
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Pirate Cho on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 pm

I concur with the prospect of a Gospel 2, Al dente.

Maybe have some gospels from people who have been touched by his noodly appendage, i.e. If someone finds a statue or something that resembles the FSM or a Pirate fish, they could write about how they stumbled across the sign from FSM.

Also do we have an Anti-christ, like and Anti-Pasto?
Pirate Cho
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion