Military members

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Military members

Postby 4therush on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:23 am

Hello fello FSM followers :worship: :fsm:

I have recently accepted FSM into my life. I was wondering if you have any other service members out there? I am deployed in Afghanistan for now. Would feel good if I wasnt the only pastafarian out here. I am trying to get them to change my perfered religion on my dog tags to FSM. My seagent isnt to happy but I think it would be better then N/A.
4therush
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Military members

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:59 am

Rainswept and I are former soldiers. I served in the Field Artillery in the XVIIIth Airborne Corps back in the 80s. I still considered myself a Christian back then, so I didn't have any run-ins along those lines. Good luck to you!
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:20 pm

LibraLabRat is recently baq from Iraq, and Warlord of Elephants is ex-military, though I can't remember which branch. I'm pretty sure there are others as well, though I can't remember specifically just now.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby 4therush on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 am

Update. After having to explaine FSM and his noodly greatness to many a higher ranking, I have had my Dog tags changed to reflect my beliefs. :worship: :fsm:

4therush
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Ubi Dubius on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:32 am

Wonderful!

Before I die, we need to get Arlington Cemetery to accept an FSM symbol on gravestones. They recently decided to allow Pentagrams for the Wiccans.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby 4therush on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Ubi Dubius wrote:Wonderful!

Before I die, we need to get Arlington Cemetery to accept an FSM symbol on gravestones. They recently decided to allow Pentagrams for the Wiccans.

Well I will have to add that to my will then. I deserve the same respect as the rest right? :smile:
4therush
Conchigliette Convert

Postby schnitzelmopi on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Hey everyone! Stationed in South Korea... Spreading the word... RAmen. Kudos on the dogtags.
"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -Sophia Loren (Italian Actress and an obvious pastafarian)
"A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end." -General George S. Patton
schnitzelmopi
Ziti Zealot

Postby schnitzelmopi on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Greeting brothers in arms from South Korea! I am trying to spread the word, mateys. Kudos on the dogtags!

RAmen!
"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -Sophia Loren (Italian Actress and an obvious pastafarian)
"A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end." -General George S. Patton
schnitzelmopi
Ziti Zealot

Postby rock.pasta on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:57 am

Former Marine grunt here. Currently on Guam for next 3 years ......... wife is AF. Recently converted ........ LOVIN The Pasta, smacked by linguini one day while driving my Jeep down the highway about a year ago. I was by myself, reflecting through the Mojave Desert ......... It all made sense and I'm so glad that there are others. Thinking I was alone wasn't as fun as what we can do together. Hasta La Pasta, Rock
Semper Semolina ........ Rock

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Live Hard !!! Why Hold Back? ...... Tomorrow's NOT Guaranteed!"
rock.pasta
Ziti Zealot

Postby rock.pasta on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:36 am

Former Marine grunt here .............. powerfully bitch-slapped by the tentacles of TRUTH in the last year or so. Was driving my Jeep through the Mojave Desert, reflecting at highway speeds when EVERYTHING cleared up like a fog lifting. In those few hours, the life of growing up Catholic and later killing of Muslims NOW made sense. I am NOT controlled, misled or promised anymore. My life now belongs to our FSM.

[*]Those Dog Tags RULE !!! Will be "acquiring" some ............ THANKS

[*]Linguini and Clams, Balls of Meat, Semper Fettuccine ..... Rock

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rock.pasta
Ziti Zealot

Postby DavidH on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 am

Formerly Royal Air Force, rank Flight Lieutenant. That's LeFtenant, you murcans.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby rock.pasta on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:29 am

Just curious, how does our supreme one, our highest of high ........ our beloved FSM feel about muslims? You know, especially the ones that cannot tolerate other deities.

rock.pasta
Ziti Zealot

Postby Ubi Dubium on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 am

rock.pasta wrote:Just curious, how does our supreme one, our highest of high ........ our beloved FSM feel about muslims? You know, especially the ones that cannot tolerate other deities.

Well, I'm pretty sure they'll go to the Pastafarian Hell of stale beer and ugly strippers with STD's. But since they aren't allowed beer now, and they cover up all their ladies, this may be an improvement!

But I don't think His Noodliness is that fussed about it. The first "I'd Really Rather You Didn't" says: "...If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain..."
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:30 pm

I suppose, since good people get the beverage of their choice and the strippers of their choice, then good muslims will get whatever they like to drink (I think my sister is partial to wine, not sure about my brother-in-law and their son is too young to have an opinion yet) and get strippers to their liking just as all other good people will get. Bad muslims will get stale beer (which even beer-drinkers don't like) and strippers with STDs just like all other bad people (but, I suppose, that those who were very bad and thus expecting 72 virgins will be even more disappointed that there are none in our 'The Other Place')
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby KC Observer on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 am

And who wants a virgin anyway???
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Next

Return to FSM Gatherings