Official Church Holidays and Events

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Official Church Holidays and Events

Postby Cheesetrap on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Firstly, this appears to be a problem:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: officially nominated or recognized fsm church holidays.

And now to the topic at hand (at appendage?): Have any days been decided as celebratory in the FSM calendar, besides Talk Like A Pirate Day? One of the reasons why I ask is that I am currently building a website and accompanying iPhone application that can keep track of official and unofficial holidays and special days from different countries and religions, as well as including brand new invented ones as suggestions (do YOU know when People Who Die In Airplane Toilets Memorial Day is? What about Chuck Norris Day? And do you know which is Things That Look Like Other Things Month, which of course includes Things That Look Like Holy Figures Week?). I would dearly like to include the FSM calendar if there is one, or if one can be cooked up (har, har). I won't be publishing my application for a month or two yet so there's plenty of time to hash (-brown!) it all out.

May the Sauce be with you,
- Cheesetrap
"Would you like cheese with that?"
Cheesetrap
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Official Church Holidays and Events

Postby Ubi Dubium on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Of course we have holidays!

First and foremost, there is International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19. There's a website about it and everthing. This year it falls on a Saturday, so it's a good time to get together and eat Pasta with other Pastafarians.

Next, there is Holiday, which runs from November-ish to January-ish. "Happy Holiday" is a Pastafarian Greeting.

Halloween is also significant, because lots of people dress as pirates, and it's a good time to spread the Noodly word.

In the Northern Hemisphere, the seasons run like this: Spring, Hot, October, Holiday.

And of course, there is our official holiday of Friday. Every Friday. Not just a Sabbath, but a real true holiday. Drink some grog and eat some Pasta!
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Cheesetrap wrote:Firstly, this appears to be a problem:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: officially nominated or recognized fsm church holidays.

The search function is a bit rubbish, it's easier to google search 'venganza (whatever you're trying to find)'.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:06 am

I'm going to try testing the Search function with a word that will only appear once on the whole board at the time of my search: fajorkinz. I wonder if it has only two options: Not in existance, or too many to list?

EDIT: Nope, it came up. I wonder what the threshold is?
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Return to All Things FSM