BACON!!!

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: BACON!!!

Postby PKMKII on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Bite me, the portions were tiny.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:10 pm

You are a bad, bad man. I actually felt a bit nauseous looking at some of those. Seriously, Americans complain about baked beans on pizza but will eat a cheeseburger in a jam doughnut? :barf:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Give credit where it's due. My girlfriend found that site, so you should have said that she's a bad, bad lady. :bummer: (This of course has no bearing on whether or not Roy is a bad, bad man, however. :moon: )

A small number of the things on that site I might eat. Most I wouldn't even want to look at.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Ubi Dubius on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:25 pm

daftbeaker wrote:

You are a bad, bad man. I actually felt a bit nauseous looking at some of those. Seriously, Americans complain about baked beans on pizza but will eat a cheeseburger in a jam doughnut? :barf:

I don't know any Americans who would eat that. Except maybe on a dare.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby TwistedSister on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:09 am

Certainly not this American.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby bacon on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Image

:barf:

i was at a restaurant the other day and their special that day was a cheeseburger with onion rings and other various deep fried items piled on it, batter dipped and deep fried - it was hard not to :barf: at the table when i heard the description. luckily they had a really good salad menu - had one of the best salads i've ever had there actually - portabello and mozzarella over a bed of greens - delish
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby PKMKII on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:18 am

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby bacon on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:05 am

who broke into my house and took all of those pictures?
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon

Postby PKMKII on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:55 pm

You knew this was coming: Bacon Beer

It turns out that as well equipped as Mr. [Garrett] Oliver’s brewery [The Brooklyn Brewery] is, it doesn’t have an actual stove, something he needed to cook up a batch of malt mash. It’s a special malt that was smoked in the same room with some of the bacon made by the legendary Allan Benton. “It’s almost terrifying how much the malt smells like bacon,” Mr. Oliver said.

He plans to brew about 15 gallons of barleywine with that malt. In the meantime, he’s been infusing a brown ale with the flavor of Benton’s bacon fat through a technique known as “fat washing.” Oh, and the bacon-fat-infused ale was also aged in bourbon barrels, because bourbon and bacon go together like, um, beer and bacon.

Eventually, the barleywine with the bacon-smoked malt and the bourbon-aged, bacon-fat-infused ale would be blended to create one monstrously bizarre beer.

“One of two things will happen,” Mr. Oliver predicted. “Either this will be the most amazingly disgusting thing you’ve ever tasted in your life. Or I shall rule the earth.”

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:10 pm

PKMKII

Postby robotulism on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Check all this shiz out on thinkgeek.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/whereisi ... on&x=0&y=0

Tactical bacon, gummy bacon, bacon gumballs, and non-existent "Squeeze Bacon."

After I read this thread, by the way, I had to get myself a BLT with avocado.
robotulism
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby PKMKII on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 pm

I had :love: SUGAR-CURED BACON :love: as a side for breakfast today. Now I know some people refer to bacon as "The Candy of Meats," but this quite literally tasted like bacon candy

PKMKII

Postby ShiverMeTimbers 23 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:47 am

Any bacon is good - on chicken, in a sarnie or :grin: pigs in blankets
ShiverMeTimbers 23
Conchigliette Convert

Postby bacon on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Maple cured bacon from Vermont is the best I've ever had. Wish I could remember the brand, but it is definitely the worth the trip.
bacon

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Leaves your mouth "bacon fresh"!! :grin:
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

PreviousNext

Return to Food