Artwork for the Loose Canon

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Artwork for the Loose Canon

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:49 am

Ubi Dubius wrote:I'd think "Canon" is correct. One "n" refers to church law, two "n"s refers to artillery. Using the 2nd may have been intentional, for humorous effect.

Yeah, it's Canon. Loose Cannon is already a term, where Loose Canon isn't! Well, it is, but most people who aren't here don't know about it.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby MonkeysInACan on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Platypus Enthusiast wrote:Yeah sorry dude, I thought I told you about it.

Don't worry about it. I'll be posting my preliminary sketches either today or tomorrow.

Now its time to get "kraken"!
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MonkeysInACan on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Well here is my first sketch I wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. (obviously little things will be corrected) I wanted to do both heaven and the creation scene but I thought both the mountain and the volcano would clash. So I only did the heaven scene I can always do either one. My final drawing would be larger, done in pen and ink, and colorized on my computer. The title would be added to the top later. I did this one in about an hour and a half.
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:24 pm

MonkeysInACan wrote:Now its time to get "kraken"!

lmao, nice

MonkeysInACan wrote:Well here is my first sketch I wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. (obviously little things will be corrected) I wanted to do both heaven and the creation scene but I thought both the mountain and the volcano would clash. So I only did the heaven scene I can always do either one. My final drawing would be larger, done in pen and ink, and colorized on my computer. The title would be added to the top later. I did this one in about an hour and a half.

That's actually pretty sweet. If I had to offer some constructive criticism, i'd say dangle a few more Noodly Appendages, but other than that, it's hella sexy. You truly have been touched by His Noodly Appendage.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Perhaps a picture of a literal cannon could be included?

Also, not related to the cover, but there were some really nice Pastafarian parables in a thread a while back, but I don't think they were in the Scripture and Lore forum. Maybe they could be included? I'll look for the thread. I hope it's still there.

EDIT: It was in Scripture and Lore. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10941 Does anyone think these should be included, or is it too late for that? I thought Edd's particularly were touching.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Edd on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 am

Thanks, ADoS. Don't worry, they're included here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11826
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Well spotted, lads! :blush: It should be an aural pun.

Here's the correct (?) spelling…

Outstanding Tig !

I loike how cursive line can be seen as one long noodle strand .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:
Outstanding Tig !

I loike how cursive line can be seen as one long noodle strand .

With red sauce
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:01 pm

Arrgh, I forgot to say in me last post, I do love that braided spaghetti on black motif, Tig, and think it would be lovely if it were included. As for what to put in the middle, I think we should still brainstorm a bit.

As for "The Holy Book of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster", perhaps "The" isn't the best word to start it with. "A Holy Book" perhaps? We do have a separate Gospel, after all.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:As for "The Holy Book of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster", perhaps "The" isn't the best word to start it with. "A Holy Book" perhaps? We do have a separate Gospel, after all.

Yeah, that's my bad. I was quoting the original holy scribe, Solipsy, who began the Loose Canon before the Gospel of the FSM was in the works.

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:13 pm

I'd be suspicious of the words "Holy" and "Book" as well. Perhaps "A Really Important Collection of Words"? XD

But yeah, it really is just the Loose Canon. It's canon, but it's very unorganized, and quite technically unofficial, unless Bobby does give it a seal of approval.

Hmmm, perhaps "Holy Writings of FSM"? And the first edition tagline, as well.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:22 pm

How about this (pretend it's centered):

The
Loose
Canon

of the
Church
of the
Flying Spaghetti Monster

In addition to being more succinct, it frees up room for pictures and edition numbers and stuff.
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I'd be suspicious of the words "Holy" and "Book" as well. Perhaps "A Really Important Collection of Words"? XD

lmao

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:But yeah, it really is just the Loose Canon. It's canon, but it's very unorganized, and quite technically unofficial, unless Bobby does give it a seal of approval.

Cap did say the Bobby was happy about the finishing of the Canon, tho he hasn't seen it yet. So maybe we're up to half a seal of approval?

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Hmmm, perhaps "Holy Writings of FSM"? And the first edition tagline, as well.

That does sound pretty good.

I guess we should've decided on the official name before we got to the cover. The Second Council of Olive Garden will have to convene to discuss the title issue. I'll get back to you artists in a few days.

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:32 pm

In the meantime, though I'm not sure there is a released list of everything that is going to be canonized, but ilustrations of stories, parables, etc. are always welcome. Diagrams are, as we all know, vital to understanding the deeper meaning of religion.

So, if you see any stories or writings you think you could illustrate, at least partially, feel free. I suppose those could be posted here or in the appropriate thread in Lore.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby DaveL on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:20 pm

Let's just get version 1.0 up, then we can argue more about having a 'Tighter Canon' then.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations